IEMS better than Shure SE315 for classical music?
May 20, 2011 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

danielghofrani

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

recently I have been considering an upgrade for IEMs. I used to own (just sold) Shure SE315 and I was very happy with the build quality and comfort, however I thought the sound could be more transparent, more detailed and overall more clear. the soundstage is rather poor for orchestral works.
I usually listen to Classical styles of music but I also listen to Techno and pop when I am running on a treadmill.

are there any IEMs (less than 500$) that you know of that can play classical music "significantly" better than SE315 ?

Thank you, your help is much appreciated.

by the way, the budget is stretchable.

May 22, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 10
I recently got a good earphone called "real voice" and it is good for classical music, and they are having a free trial on headfi, you should give it a try. Here is the review from another headfi member, http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/554949/spider-realvoice-iphone-ipad-in-ears-pleasant-surprise

May 22, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #4 of 10
I think the SE535's might work for you? I am thinking about buying those for classical music as well...
happy_face1.gif

If you can stretch your budget to $1000+, I recommend the JH13's. They are just GREAT for classical. The soundstage is very decent for a pair of IEM (I owned them)

May 22, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
I think the SE535's might work for you? I am thinking about buying those for classical music as well...
happy_face1.gif

If you can stretch your budget to $1000+, I recommend the JH13's. They are just GREAT for classical. The soundstage is very decent for a pair of IEM (I owned them)

Thanks, if you owned the JH13's and they were great, why did you sell them to buy SE 535?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back