IEMs Below $150 for IPOD 5G
Jul 8, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #2 of 9
What kind of music do you listen to? And what is the quality of your songs?

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mow_the_hawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of music do you listen to? And what is the quality of your songs?

hi sorry not to include the informations...acutally i listen to most kinds of music, not metal/rock but mostly vocals. Quality mostly mp3 formats @ 192 - 320..

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 9
Are you set on an IEM? At 150, I'd probably recommend the ER4P if you can deal with the comfort issue and if you like an analytical sound.

Why I asked about the IEM is cause if you stretch the budget a little you can get into the IEM sweetspot, but $150 is not enough IMO. If you can go earbuds, the Yuin PK2 is a great headphone, and it's only 80 bucks and compare favorably with the sub $150 IEM market.

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #6 of 9
get the UE super fi if you can deal the fit

Jul 8, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #7 of 9
Are you listening to MP3s or lossless files on your iPod? If you have MP3s, spending more than $150 is kind of overkill since the performance would be wasted on compressed music.

The ER-4P are good, but where are you guys finding pairs for $150 or less? Etymotic's 6isolators have a similarly analytical sound and will run $140 at the most. They have low distortion and actually do isolate the listener well.

If you just want a solid pair of IEMs for cheap, consider the Denon AH-C351s. They're $50, have good bass, and low distortion. The only caveat is they have slightly weak mid-range tones, which doesn't particularly lend itself to vocals. For the price, they're a really solid pair of headphones.

Jul 8, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #8 of 9
Denon C551 or C751 are my recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back