IEM with under $200 for EDM
Feb 17, 2014 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sesto Elemento

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I understand there have been similar threads and I have also read Joker's IEM reviews.However, I still can't seem to decide which of the following is best for me. I hope you guys can give me your opinions as well as the reason. I am looking for an IEM for every day purposes, but noise isolation is a must for study periods. My budget is under $200 CAD, of course the best bang for the buck is optimal. As the title states, I mainly listen to EDM (House with heavy drops, vocal, as well as trance ie: Tiesto, Dash Berlin, Bingo Players) with occasional Rap/Hip-Hop. These will be my first pair of IEM that are over $80 and I intend to keep them for as long as possible.

Here are my options:

Yamaha EPH-100SL - $150 USD / 164.42 CAD (order through amazon)
Onkyo IEH-F300S - $130 USD / 142.49 CAD (order through amazon)
Hifiman RE-400 Waterline - $120 CAD (Able to purchase locally)
Shure SE219 - $99 CAD (Able to purchase locally)
Torque T103Z - $180 CAD (Able to purchase locally)

*being able to purchase it locally is just a convenience factor*

Any input that can put me closer to a decision is greatly appreciated. Any alternative suggestions is also welcomed.

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #2 of 5
Feb 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #4 of 5
  Any input that can put me closer to a decision is greatly appreciated.

Going opposite :D So, to mess things up for you even more I'd add to the list
Audio-Technica ATH-IM70/ATH-IM50
Dunu DN-1000, these are out of your budget, though there's an option picking them for less on [Mod Edit: We don't allow discussion of that site.]
Also, if you haven't read this topic http://www.head-fi.org/t/704091/hifiman-re-400-or-yamaha-eph-100 yet, go for it.

STOP! Post your questions, "Help!", "Recommendations", "Looking for..." threads in the Help & Recommendations Forum not here.

What a nice warming welcome, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back