IEM with Great Bass + Sound Quality
Sep 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #16 of 33
How does it compete with the she3580

Haven't had a chance to try those yet but I hope to. I did hear good things about them.

The cx200 is pretty good and worth the 20 bucks thats for sure. ESPECIALLY if you are a bass lover you will really like them.

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #17 of 33
+1 for the klipsch s4's.  I had the s2's, and while I found them a bit too bassy for my whole library, they worked out very well for EDM and hip-hop.  Oh, and assuming the s4's use the same oval-shaped tips as the s2's, they will probably be the most comfortable pair of universal iem's you ever use.

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #19 of 33
well i've spent enough money on headphones/iems this month so... could be a while unless i run into a demo. look em up on here and see what people say about them.

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #21 of 33
The cx200 are more of a bass iem than the SE215. I don't have anything against the Shure except for the price tag. I just think there are dozens of IEMS that sound as good if not better for half the price. And on that note, to my ears, the $20 CX200 beat the lowest end shure (215) in every respect. Sometimes I use the cx200 over my $150 triplefi 10s especially when im in the mood for more bass.

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #22 of 33
The Klipsch bass was good and detailed, as much due to the excellent fit from the tips as the (probably) higher quality driver, but I was using that pair while using my old HDD Zune 120, which doesn't have an EQ.  The bass was never so much that it made songs unlistenable (or even bad, for that matter), but I had to be careful what I chose to put on for homework music because fatigue would eventually kick in after an hour or two.  Clarity did tend to take a hit with any guitar-riff laden music though.  Nothing drastic, but certainly noticeable in the mid-bass region, though some of that could be due to some less-than-optimal bit rates.

Essentially, the bass is definitely good and definitely there, but don't assume that it's only going to be noticeable in the songs you expect to feel a kick in.  You may need to mess with an EQ for a bit, but then again, half the fun comes from doing that anyway...

As far as dubstep and hip-hop go (referring back to the original post) I think these would work flawlessly

Sep 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #24 of 33
I can +1 the shures. Just got my 215s last week and I really enjoy them. very comfy. They come with both rubber and foam buds for you to fit your ear. I was not sure about the around the ear, but after 30 min I feel in love. They are a great value at about 80 bucks on amazon. I think a bit above your budget are the SE 315s which would offer MAYBE better sound quality/bass. I dont think it would be worth the extra 100+ dollars. SE535s though, man I wish I could get these. But anyway yea 215s are wonderful. ^_^

cheers

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #25 of 33
I can highly recommend the ATH-CKS77's if you're looking for a pair of IEM's with powerful sub-bass, and clean lows, without sacrificing the quality of the high/mids (As most "bassy" headphones seem to). You can really feel your music with these, without overwhelming any of the other ranges.

Sep 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #26 of 33
I am using the same pair (ATH-CKS77) and I agree with the above post.  I do, however, want to say that the cable on my pair is complete garbage and is slowly falling apart at the top.  In fact, this is the same problem I have had with many pairs of Audio Technica IEMs.  I had a pair of Shure E2cs that easily lasted more than 3 years without so much as a dent in the cable, but I can't seem to get through 6 months with a pair of ATH IEMs.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #27 of 33
The Denon AH-C300 easily rival the UE SF5EB in bass quantity and quality is amazing with wider soundstage and mids, highs are more crisp clear and detailed, also better imaging, instruments sepration, they are bigger than UE SF5EB and almost looks like on earphones but they are inearphones like Bose SIE2.

Oct 12, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #28 of 33
I can definitely feel what you're saying about the AT's cable quality. I've had 2 pairs, one IEM and one sport type clip over ear and the cables just come apart either at the monitor portion or the y-split. It's frustrating that this happens so easily, which is why I think as much as I love the AT's, it's time to try out other makes to explore quality. 

I'm on the edge of making a purchase of either Sony XB90EX's or the Denon AH-C300's. Both are fantastic bassy, and have clear soundstage. The only difference is the price and the added fancy pants stuff that Denon offers with the ear piece volume control & mic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back