IEM with Emotional Vocals
Jul 13, 2019 at 1:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sathindra

New Head-Fier
I am looking for IEM with emotional vocals. I don't know if the term is correct, what I'm looking for is which give goosebumps in certain vocal, for instance Matt Cradle, First Time Ever I Saw Your Face in X Factor, or Adele - Someone like you live at Royal Albert Hall. Something that gives you feelings when listening to songs. I don't really care about Bass or Treble as long as they don't bother me.

Closest that I heard is from Vsonic AN16 (GR06 with GR07 driver). I think GR09 or VS7 is the way to go. I have my eyes on AudioSense T800 as well. Read lot about Kanas Pro/KXXS, TFZ No.03, but didn't satisfied enough to pull the trigger.

I got SE846 after reading the praise for it's mids, still I didn't find what I was looking. Not even with IMR R1 Zenith. Following IEM I have at the moment. Looking to spend $200 max at the moment. I'll consider up to $400 (After saving for month or two) to buy eventually, if it gives exactly I was looking. Any suggestions are welcome.

Zero Audio Tenore
Sony MH755
TDK BA200
Etymotic HF5
LZ A4
Artiste DC1
Shure SE846
IMR R1 Zenith
PMV A-01 MK2

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #2 of 5
LZ A4 and Artiste DC1 aren't what you're looking for. Both great IEMs but won't have the vocals you're after. I'll have a listen later on or tomorrow and see what I come up with. i have read good things about the Moondrop Kanas Pro in the vocals dept, if they're anything like my Moondrop Crescent then you might actually like them. The Crescent are smooth with vocals taking centre stage. Not what I'd recommend though. I'll PM you

Jul 14, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #4 of 5
Kanas Pro or, if you can stretch, Campfire IO might do the trick.

Thanks for the response.

I bought mh755 as it is known to tuned for Harman Target Curve. Which sounds decent, but not what I was looking for in an iem. So I am doubtful about KPE.

As for Campfire IO, as I read in two reviews it's main flaw is mid range.
"Cons - - Can sound somewhat too distant, lacking intimacy and intensity"

"Mid tuning is recessed and veiled"

So I don't think Campfire IO work either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back