IEM users -- have you gotten the buds/flanges/foamies stuck in your ear?
Jun 5, 2006 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

camille

1000+ Head-Fier
i had occured this problem last year when the right tri-flange remained in the ear canal while taking the ER-6i out. i think this is what deterred me from using IEMs. now that i'm expecting Shure e3's soon, i may be a bit cautious when putting em on and taking em off. also, if such a thing happens, what is the safest way of removing a lodged tri-flange? one thing, is not using an unbent paper clip.
wink.gif

is this an isolated incident or does it happen w/ any IEM?

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 25
never happened to me, but tweezers shd do trick. Has happened to other folk, I think at least 1 emergency room visit. I don't come anywhere near close to jamming the whole triflange out of fingernail reach.

Q: did you wet the barrel of the IEM, put triflange on, then jam it deep in your ear?

Jun 5, 2006 at 8:57 AM Post #6 of 25
nope... nv for me b4...

Jun 5, 2006 at 10:40 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahvetti
Every now and then my UE Super-Fi 3 leaves that silicone flange in my ear. It is quite easy to pick up just by using the earpiece to grab it and then just wiggle it out of there.

I have the same problem with my EB's... luckily these things dont go very far in but its still just a tad bit destressing having something remaining inside your ear that isnt supposed to be there

Jun 5, 2006 at 10:44 AM Post #8 of 25
You use fingers or tweezers to get them out - I've never heard of them being soo deep they cannot be reached by the user.

Jun 5, 2006 at 11:49 AM Post #9 of 25
The clear tips on my E4Gs got stuck in my ears several times, and one of the center tubes on my comply tips came out, leaving the foamie in my ear. I had to use tweezers the first time, but i had to dig the foamie out with my car keys.

Jun 5, 2006 at 2:37 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek
The clear tips on my E4Gs got stuck in my ears several times, and one of the center tubes on my comply tips came out, leaving the foamie in my ear. I had to use tweezers the first time, but i had to dig the foamie out with my car keys.

I wouldn't do that with Toyota keys.
basshead.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #11 of 25
One of my soft flex sleeves got stuck in my ear yesterday, I had to fish it out with a needle because it was in too deep just to use my fingers...now I know that I should never stick my left IEM in that deep ever again...

Jun 5, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #13 of 25
Yea I have had it happen with the Shure small Flex Sleeves once. I was able to get it out with my finger though. Since then I have been more careful and I havn't had a problem.

Jun 5, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #14 of 25
The E4C's clear PVC tip, medium size, makes for a really, really tight fit in my ear. I don't use it normally, but when I do it's actually quite painful to take out, and takes a good bit of pulling and twisting (my parents get pissed when they're trying to talk to me and I'm like, "Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on *wince* hold on, hold on..."
rolleyes.gif
). But so far, I haven't had a problem with them coming off the actual earpiece, and those clear tips are the easiest to put on and take off.

Jun 5, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #15 of 25
I've had biflanges stuck on my ear a couple of times. It was really easy to take out though. I did not have to use any tweezers or any other tools to take them out. I think the biflanges were still a bit wet when i had them stuck in my ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back