IEM upgrade suggestions, budget £200 ($300)
Jun 4, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:
Westone UM2. Great fun iem. Comes with replaceable cable option, though Westone cables are amongst best in industry anyway.

x2 for um2. Pretty underrated these days but still a very solid contender in that price range. I would also like to reccomend the gr07 if you wish to save a few pounds. Both are definite step up from 115.

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #20 of 27
Now I'm just going on a)forum gospel and b)experience with the ie7's but the shure's should have better isolation.

Jun 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:
I'm starting to like the look of the ie8's now, how bad is the isolation in comparison to the shures?
Mike

Well, it's not that the IE8's isolation is bad, but it's just that shures are really good. Some people tend to over-exaggerate the IE8's isolation, but it's actually not too bad and made in a way that is comfortable. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:
Well, it's not that the IE8's isolation is bad, but it's just that shures are really good. Some people tend to over-exaggerate the IE8's isolation, but it's actually not to bad and made in a way that is comfortable. 

+1, I think misinformation gets over-exaggerated and then those who never had the IE8 exaggerate that information and spread it around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back