IEM Score List 2023 - What's Your Favorite IEM?
Jan 7, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #182 of 379
Sweet thats awsome man, may I ask how so that treble of v2s is down half a mark and the k10s moved up a whole rank? I shared the origional graph with my brother just a few hrs ago, finding some oddness of the synchronicity of it all. He is considering the encores and I myself have a feeling they might win me over in a v2 comparison.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #183 of 379
Sweet thats awsome man, may I ask how so that treble of v2s is down half a mark and the k10s moved up a whole rank? I shared the origional graph with my brother just a few hrs ago, finding some oddness of the synchronicity of it all. He is considering the encores and I myself have a feeling they might win me over in a v2 comparison.
I decided to change the scores a notch to make a better and more consistent table overall. Oriolus doesn'T have top notch treble so I decided there should be more of a difference in between.

Encores said to be even better than K10s, but less musical. It really depends on what you like honestly. When you look at the Top 4, it all depends to your liking. They're all excellent but different sounding.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #184 of 379
truth!! where as I would give oriolus treble a perfect 10, I have heard good but not better, it sits exactly where i like it, controlled textured and realistic. it doesnt suck you in but ts defiantly there if you want to tune into it :)

Jan 8, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #185 of 379
truth!! where as I would give oriolus treble a perfect 10, I have heard good but not better, it sits exactly where i like it, controlled textured and realistic. it doesnt suck you in but ts defiantly there if you want to tune into it :)
Yeah I got you. Just listened the MKII with a silver cable, and I have to agree, treble is awesome too. In the end when you want to tune your Oriolus to be more bright and extending in top end, then you can use some silver.

So I corrected the score. Thanks.

Feb 10, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #190 of 379
Hola mis amigos i have the oriolus reborn whit the cable paw gold the sound is the same whit oriolus mk2? Who knows? And could you tell me what in ears are better than oriolus ;keeping the same sound ? Thanks

Feb 14, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #191 of 379
Hola mis amigos i have the oriolus reborn whit the cable paw gold the sound is the same whit oriolus mk2? Who knows? And could you tell me what in ears are better than oriolus ;keeping the same sound ? Thanks
There aren't many hybrid IEMs that can be better than the Oriolus MK2. But I'm going to receive the new Hyla CE-5 soon, which is based on the MK2 but an additional driver. Let's see how it performs.

Chart is updated with the latest corrections and additions of FLC8s and the FiiO FH1.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #193 of 379
FLC8S disagree .
FLC8S > A4
Big soundstage IMO
I counter disagree. Though may I differ opinion with OP, the LZ-A4 does exhibit a wide soundstage.

The flc8s trumps it big with it's holographic and better layered presentation. LZ-A4 is super wide not sure how OP gave it a 10 on depth...

Feb 14, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #194 of 379
It's his list guys. I mean, I don't hear the two IEMs the same way either - simply put, I don't use my A4 because I could (and do) use my FLC8s instead - but if thats not what VF hears, that's not what goes on his list.

Feb 14, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #195 of 379
There aren't many hybrid IEMs that can be better than the Oriolus MK2. But I'm going to receive the new Hyla CE-5 soon, which is based on the MK2 but an additional driver. Let's see how it performs.

Chart is updated with the latest corrections and additions of FLC8s and the FiiO FH1.
Same number of drivers, different configuration, 2-driver type hybrid vs 3-driver type.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts, I've had mine for a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back