IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Sep 15, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #1,367 of 2,092
Sep 15, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #1,368 of 2,092
Sep 15, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #1,369 of 2,092
Not too many people have them yet, unfortunately, but they certainly poise themselves technically to be THE metal IEMs below the $1000 price range, IMO. A bunch of people in the HFG thread should be receiving them soon, however: https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/7-hertz-timeless/27904/444
Why do you think they are the best IEMs for metal, when so far all IEMs with a planar magnetic driver have been practically a disaster?

Sep 15, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #1,370 of 2,092
Why do you think they are the best IEMs for metal, when so far all IEMs with a planar magnetic driver have been practically a disaster?
I'm sure there are many planer owners that wouldn't agree. Myself as one of them ;p

Sep 15, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #1,371 of 2,092
I'm sure there are many planer owners that wouldn't agree. Myself as one of them ;p
You have the only planar IEM that is good (in fact, it is wonderful, but expensive too).

The little we know about Timeless is that it is better than other cheap planar IEMs, right?

Sep 16, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #1,372 of 2,092
You have the only planar IEM that is good (in fact, it is wonderful, but expensive too).

The little we know about Timeless is that it is better than other cheap planar IEMs, right?
The isines have been very well received, albeit quite more than the timeless. From the couple of reviews of the timeless they appear fantastic. I like how they look too.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #1,373 of 2,092
Any fellow metalheads place a preorder for the Empire Ears EVO? I was hovering over the "purchase" button on Musicteck's website but just couldn't bring myself to blind buy a $3k IEM without hearing some firsthand feedback. Really looking forward to impressions on it!

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1,374 of 2,092
Any fellow metalheads place a preorder for the Empire Ears EVO? I was hovering over the "purchase" button on Musicteck's website but just couldn't bring myself to blind buy a $3k IEM without hearing some firsthand feedback. Really looking forward to impressions on it!
Haven't personally heard, but I've read plenty of good things of empire ears.
In my opinion? For that money I'd get the lcdi4's, plus audeze have money back return I believe if unsatisfied. Best things for metal I've ever come across. Bear in mind they need more power than you'd think from the specs and an EQ tweak. But they are playdough, forms into the best you'd want in terms of sound.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #1,376 of 2,092
Ok but the MK2 has a more balanced sound. It has less treble energy. I wonder if the dx300 would be a good fit for the mk2 or would it be too warm?
I think it has 1 db less treble. I think it's nothing.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #1,377 of 2,092
Ok but the MK2 has a more balanced sound. It has less treble energy. I wonder if the dx300 would be a good fit for the mk2 or would it be too warm?
Don't worry,
the mk2 still have a plenty of treble,
it even might be too much to some people,

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #1,379 of 2,092
I am very prone to treble and sibilance.

But from what I've heard of is that the mest MK2 would be easy to listen to and non-fatiguing.
My take on the Mest is this,
As much as I love it I cannot truly recommend it,
you have to have the perfect setup,
source, tips, etc,
it could be a harsh really fatiguing treble cannon,
really weak subbass rumble,
overly thick warm mid/vocal,

but if you find the perfect chain,
it's a smooth detailed experience without any sibilant whatsoever,
from subbass to the treble sparkle,
just wow ~~~

*and as a bonus, you will experience in some songs, instrument playing behind your head,
it's a unique experience,

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #1,380 of 2,092
My take on the Mest is this,
As much as I love it I cannot truly recommend it,
you have to have the perfect setup,
source, tips, etc,
it could be a harsh really fatiguing treble cannon,
really weak subbass rumble,
overly thick warm mid/vocal,

but if you find the perfect chain,
it's a smooth detailed experience without any sibilant whatsoever,
from subbass to treble sparkle,
just wow ~~~

*and as a bonus, you will experience in some songs, instrument playing behind your head,
it's a unique experience,
Mhhhh ok

I wonder what the perfect combo for these iems is

From what I've heard of is that the mest is capable of portraying a complete out of your head soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back