IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
May 11, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #1,171 of 2,092
May 18, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #1,173 of 2,092
Well over the past few months, I have rekindled my love for IEMs and tried these:
* Noble x Drop K10: powerful mids, fairly inoffensive tuning, comfortable. Very nice to have around, especially for the price on sale
* CFA Andromeda: really, really enjoyable. Technically proficient, but they don't make it all about it. The overall tuning is fantastic for mid-centric music
* Fearless SF8: I always felt those had slightly recessed mids, so I didn't use them that much... for the price, technicality is excellent
* Thieaudio Clairvoyance: more neutral than any of the others on that list. Slight bass boost. Absolutely, positively awesome. If I had to keep just 2 IEMs from that list, they'd probably stay
* Dunu SA6: I'd need more time with them, because shortly after getting them I got...
* Ultimate Melody 3DT: just AWESOME for metal and guitar music. Grin inducing. Also cheaper than all others on that list. True winners

If I had to keep three, it'd be the 3DT, Clairvoyance, and Andromeda. They'd be three different takes on IEMs and complement each-other nicely.

May 18, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #1,174 of 2,092
Well over the past few months, I have rekindled my love for IEMs and tried these:
* Noble x Drop K10: powerful mids, fairly inoffensive tuning, comfortable. Very nice to have around, especially for the price on sale
* CFA Andromeda: really, really enjoyable. Technically proficient, but they don't make it all about it. The overall tuning is fantastic for mid-centric music
* Fearless SF8: I always felt those had slightly recessed mids, so I didn't use them that much... for the price, technicality is excellent
* Thieaudio Clairvoyance: more neutral than any of the others on that list. Slight bass boost. Absolutely, positively awesome. If I had to keep just 2 IEMs from that list, they'd probably stay
* Dunu SA6: I'd need more time with them, because shortly after getting them I got...
* Ultimate Melody 3DT: just AWESOME for metal and guitar music. Grin inducing. Also cheaper than all others on that list. True winners

If I had to keep three, it'd be the 3DT, Clairvoyance, and Andromeda. They'd be three different takes on IEMs and complement each-other nicely.
Clair and 3DT for me also. I’d add the UE6 as the third, for it’s amazing sub bass.

May 19, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #1,176 of 2,092
After some weeks with my 2 new IEMs, UM 3DT and CA Vega 2020 I could say that they are complementary and I can’t decide which one is my favorite.

UM 3DT: better with faster metal music, more details, more speed. Lack of bass impact compared to Vega 2020, and also a bit thin sometimes. They are perfect with death, prog, and all that busy metal sub-genres. Some of my favorites best sounding groups with these IEMs are Haken, Opeth, The Ocean, Caligula’s Horse, Dream Theather...

CA Vega 2020: most powerful bass I’ve heard till now, not very fast, but deep and controlled. Very organic and fuller sound. Slightly darker than UM 3DT and with more rumble when tracks get very busy. In one word, they are “rich”. Perfect with rock, alternative metal, crossover and all the sub-genres with emphasised drums and bass guitars (Primus literally rocks with Vega 2020, Rage Against The Machine, Korn, All Them Witches, Linkin Park, RHCP...).

About trash metal I don’t know if Vega 2020 or 3DT are the right choice... But overall and afterall I find myself using a lot more the Vega 2020. They always fit perfectly and have that impactful bass that make me addicted to them.... Maybe I just discovered to be a basshead? 😂😂😂😂😂

May 20, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #1,179 of 2,092
Best TWS for metal? Money no object.

...and go!

May 20, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #1,180 of 2,092
I really enjoy ROSE QT-9 MK2 for most subgenres of metal. Penon Orb with os849 cable works great with moderate paced, grand presentation type metal. Dunu Sa6 is the best I've heard for extreme fast, complex and avantgarde stuff. Rose will work with most.

I listen to mostly metal music. I've had also Ikko oh1, Kbear diamond, blon bl-03, kz zs10 and zs10 pro, fiio FH3, AKG n20u, PSB m4u4, Penon Fan, Audiosense t800, Rha t20i, Rha ma750 wireless, Rha cl750.

But those three I mentioned above stand out. Fiio FH3 is also great.

May 20, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #1,181 of 2,092
I think my next purchase will be Dunu SA6...... Feedbacks are great for fast metal.

May 20, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #1,182 of 2,092
I think my next purchase will be Dunu SA6...... Feedbacks are great for fast metal.
Yeah, might as well get an excellent all-BA IEM, for variety. It’s certainly not going to be nearly as intense sounding as the Fearless S8. I really would be recommending the Fearless Lancelot a lot if it weren’t so overpriced.

May 21, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #1,185 of 2,092
M&D MW07 Plus.

I was hoping the B&W and M&D models wouldn't be tabled, going to be hard to get a hold of here. :/

MW07+ better for metal than the MW08? I suppose at this stage nobody able to comment on comparisons, looks like the MW08 only just starting to become available now.

How are the Sennheiser TWS 2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back