IEM for metal music and hard rock - ultimate solution
Nov 25, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #556 of 2,064
It really depends on the specific IEM, as the NM2+ is far superior in many ways to a lot of hybrids. I’m afraid I don’t have much experience with all-BA IEMs, at least not in this price range. Perhaps the FiiO FH3 would be very good for metal, but I no longer have it to test out.

Regarding the NM2+, I think the included ear tips are good, with 2 options.
I went with the NM2+. With black friday coupons on AliExpress and the PayPal discount, they came out to $127.09. Probably won't have them for 3-4 weeks but I'll be sure to provide some feedback once I receive them and get some listening time in!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #557 of 2,064
The Z1R is so amazing?
or
The Z1R is so-so overall.....yet amazing with classical music and other genres?
or
The Z1R is so-so with metal......yet amazing with classical music and other genres?

Last sentence. I think due to the longer Bass decay time, Z1R can smear fast paced metal music but with other music genres they are amazing.

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #558 of 2,064
One caveat, the S8F has BA bass, which I certainly believe you is exceptional for extreme metal, but not if one is expecting DD bass.
I never found the S8F's BA bass not satisfactory maybe a lower end all BA iems bass won't sound as good as a DD but the case here is different, S8F does it pretty well for my ears. For extreme metal we mostly rely on mid bass and I think this is one of S8F's stronghold. Maybe a DD purist might find the S8F's BA bass not satisfactory maybe...I don't know. My experience with well tuned DD iem's is less. Am looking forward for you to experience this yourself and give a comparison

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #559 of 2,064
Positive vote for LZ A7!
Now playing , Pinball Map, In flames
I am pleasantly surprised for Metallica, fresh out of the box, on Pop /Red Filter.

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #560 of 2,064
If you don't expect extreme sub bass rumble and air, S8F sub and mid bass is exceptional. Metal music is relying more on mid rather than sub bass presence therefore IMO its perfect in amount and technicalities for the price. I'm am yet to find better tuned and better fitting iem. I'm lucky b/c fit is like ciem for me and with right tips magic happens. Favourite tips are Spinfits cp145 and Symbio peels.
I never found the S8F's BA bass not satisfactory maybe a lower end all BA iems bass won't sound as good as a DD but the case here is different, S8F does it pretty well for my ears. For extreme metal we mostly rely on mid bass and I think this is one of S8F's stronghold. Maybe a DD purist might find the S8F's BA bass not satisfactory maybe...I don't know. My experience with well tuned DD iem's is less. Am looking forward for you to experience this yourself and give a comparison
Certainly. All good points. I am in no way knocking the bass of the S8, especially since I have yet to hear it. I am just stating that BA bass is different, and you brought up the S8 in response to the post below, where massive DD bass is desired/expected.

Whats the next upgrade from a shozy 1.1, with the same quantity low end?
Only 1 person here saying the lz a7 its good for metal... well i really need a potent low end!
Pls advice

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #561 of 2,064
Nov 25, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #564 of 2,064
Certainly. All good points. I am in no way knocking the bass of the S8, especially since I have yet to hear it. I am just stating that BA bass is different, and you brought up the S8 in response to the post below, where massive DD bass is desired/expected.
I respect your opinion's @IEMusic You are much more experienced. I find the bass quiet good on these, As I mentioned my experience with well tuned DD is very limited and most of what I've heard is on the lower budget range. I've read from multiple sources, the bass on S8F is tuned to sound close to DD bass. I am hoping that's true You would be the better judge here with your experience with DD iems. One thing for sure, BASS is plenty on S8F but don't know if it's up to the standards of a DD

Nov 25, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #565 of 2,064
I am just waiting for all the hypetrainers to confirm that the tape pro is a bust... haha.. if not maybe thats an option. But im trying to save for the lz a7. Seems a must try... and one can always resell the lz imo
I was exited about the Tape Pro but from whatever impressions I've read so far, it seems far from the sound I prefer especially for metal.

Nov 25, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #566 of 2,064
I respect your opinion's @IEMusic You are much more experienced. I find the bass quiet good on these, As I mentioned my experience with well tuned DD is very limited and most of what I've heard is on the lower budget range. I've read from multiple sources, the bass on S8F is tuned to sound close to DD bass. I am hoping that's true You would be the better judge here with your experience with DD iems. One thing for sure, BASS is plenty on S8F but don't know if it's up to the standards of a DD
Yeah, I can’t wait hear the Fearless S8. I’m sure the bass is amazing. :thumbsup:

Nov 26, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #567 of 2,064
Excellent! Red filter is the most v i think.
What was ur benchmark before your lz?
Do u have the shozy 1.1 perhaps?
Thieaudio Legacy 3 and Tri i3.
L3 is slow on bass, and the treble and soundstage for me are dead comparing to the LZ a7 in the first audition. (Maybe it's a QC problem?)
L3 is not a bad o terrible iem, but they lack dynamism and life compared to the LZ A7 .It seems more congested and distorted, and I think that the lack of handling the treble punishes the iem a lot, I would even dare to say that it handles a higher volume worse than the LZ A7... but I am still testing the A7 thoroughly.
Out of the box LZ A7 is far better.
Tri 3 is slower in bass, but overall, dynamism, sound stage and media are great. They're a tank so they'll be the ones I'll take out on the street.
LZ A7 in 11.11 at Hifigo was a steal with tax included

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #568 of 2,064
Yeah, I can’t wait hear the Fearless S8. I’m sure the bass is amazing. :thumbsup:

Mine are on their way. Today I paid the custom duties (€22,04) and DHL scheduled the delivery on 1st December. It is taking a bit too long but I'm sure it is worth the wait.

Nov 26, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #569 of 2,064
just bought kz as10 from linsoul, as i saw them recommended on headfonia, hope it works well for my playlist

Nov 27, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #570 of 2,064
just bought kz as10 from linsoul, as i saw them recommended on headfonia, hope it works well for my playlist

I have them. Bought them almost 1 year ago, let me know your opinion. I use them a lot, they are fast and linear, with good value for money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back