IEM for $50 to $75?
Jan 16, 2009 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pariah1

100+ Head-Fier
What's good in this range or possibly even lower or a little higher? I just got a Sansa Fuze and want to replace my Senn PX-100's. I listen to classic rock, 80's, bright fast paced stuff mostly.

Jan 16, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 6
er6i

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #3 of 6
bright and fast no doubt calls for ER 6i but then you throw the word rock around and everybody will call on the NE7M....it is difficult to say with such broad genre/possibilities since classic rock and 80's are so big...read up on the etymotic ER 6i and the nuforce NE-7m, chances are your choice will end up as one of those two

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 6
Thanks, I like my Senn's, but I'm tired of the over the ear crap and I've heard IEM's are better anyway.

I like all kinds of music really, rock to pop to jazz to classical to blues to folk/acoustic...

But for non-critical workout/exercise listening which I'll use the Fuse for, I listen to a lot of 80's Rush and Queen and such because it's fast paced and upbeat. So it's rock, but bright, tight, synth, fast paced rock, not Neil Young or Black Sabbath or Pink Floyd or Jethro Tull...etc.

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #5 of 6
I think there's plenty of great options in that price range besides er6i/NE7, such as the Shure scl3/4 (the 4s are sold out right now), the RE-2s, Altec Lansing im616/716, Super.fi 3 etc, many of which I find superior to the NE7s.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #6 of 6
They all seem nice, which is good, I like to get a big list when making audio equipment purchases, that way I have a better chance on not missing out on anything. And they're all fun to look at and read about anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif

Btw, the Fuze sounds pretty good with the Senn's. I was impressed. Nice bottom end detail which I like and good extension and soundstage. It's crisp, dry, and bright...nice! The only other DAP I've ever owned is a Cowon iaudio F2 which sounds great. But it's hard to use and the headphone jack is messed up so I got the Fuze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back