IEM Considerations
Feb 3, 2014 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

slovetro

New Head-Fier
I'm planning on purchasing my first IEM soon and have been looking at a few different options but thought that I should post on here to get a more detailed opinion.  

I want an IEM that has good sound quality, good isolation, and is comfortable (I have smallish ears).  I'd also like something that can be used while traveling/moving, possibly exercising.  

The ones I am currently looking at are RHA-MA750, HIFIMAN RE-400, Astrotec AX35, and VSonic VSD1S.  (the vsonics are $50 and that makes them about half the price of the other ones listed, but I haven't heard anything bad about them, so, I'm curious if they could hang with the rest of the lineup. 

I am looking to spend between $50 and $100 USD but want something that covers my criteria, so, if I get all three and it will only cost $50, that's great. 

Thanks in advance. 

-slovetro

Feb 3, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #2 of 5
Audio-Technica CK90Pro MK2 fits your description, but is probably over your budget (around USD$200).  If you get to try it out and find it a good choice, you may buy a second-handed one.

Other good choices include UE600 and JVC FXD80.  Just try them out at your local shops and see which one you like the most.

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 5
Ahhhhhhh!

Just when I thought I knew what I was talking about, all these new pairs!  

Ok, I guess I have more research to do.  

The Yamaha's look GREAT, but $150 is a little steep, we will see.  The two JVCs look nice too!

Thanks for the suggestions people.  

Are the ones I recommended garbage?

Feb 6, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks!  That was very helpful!  

But now my list is so long!  I have 18 possible IEMs to choose from!  

I'm just going to take this list on down to the local hifi shop and try them out.  

-slovetro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back