IEM - comfort and fit
May 27, 2008 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

IrritatedBacon

New Head-Fier
For the last 5 months or so, I've been using my d-jays (and for the most part I've liked them), but I think it's time to replace them. The sound isn't bad, but the fit is what kills me. They constantly come out, often to the point where I lose the seal entirely. I've tried changing tips many, many times, but it never helps. So I'm in the market for a new pair of IEMs. I'd like to keep it under $100, but I can stretch a bit.

Would these fit problems persist with a different IEM, or would getting something with a different kind of tip (ER-6i, UM1 are two that immediately grab my attention) help? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

May 27, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #2 of 6
Wow, if the small tips of the d-Jays killed you, then...I don't think IEMs are for you, period.
frown.gif

May 27, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #3 of 6
Well, they aren't exactly uncomfortable, they just don't stay in place all the time. When they do, they're quite comfortable, but they're always slipping out.

I'm not ready to give up on IEMs just yet
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 6
UM1's with the comply tips are super comfy and stay in nicely. I have used several others and the Westones have been best so far. They are right around your price range also. I haven't used the D-jays so I can't compare the two.

May 27, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by IrritatedBacon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, they aren't exactly uncomfortable, they just don't stay in place all the time. When they do, they're quite comfortable, but they're always slipping out.

I'm not ready to give up on IEMs just yet
smily_headphones1.gif

THe most logical reason that your IEM keeps falling out is the tip is too small for your ear canal. You should try the middle size tips or change to foam.

May 27, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #6 of 6
^pretty much. Otherwise, you have to look for different materials. T400 foamies, shure black olives, and most regular "foam"s tend to have little to no fit trouble but are more finite in life (though mine have been perfectly fine for the last 6-8 months). You'll want to look around the thread to see what eartips fit which IEM, as some are interchangeably, while others require a modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back