IEM, CIEM and DAP Search (and some Hong Kong Audio Show Photos)
Aug 13, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #91 of 102
Suddenly I feel you may need an amp along with R6, if you are going to get the R6 that is.
It won't have enough juice for the N8?

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #92 of 102
Wow, I didn’t know the N8 is only a CIEM, and not offered as a universal.
That's what all the word out from 64 says. They will not make a universal version of this.

Aug 13, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #93 of 102
On frequency response, no. The N8 should not change drastically in its general signature if the claims of flat impedance are true. However the other aspect of source matching would still hold true, whether or not the signature of the source in combination with the signature of the transducer works to your liking.

The A12t is more textured, less smooth compared to the N8. More upper mids, more forward vocals but the timbre isn't as solid as the N8 IMO. The bass on the A12t is also some of the best I've heard out of a BA but is unfortunately overshadowed by the N8.

The A12t also has the slight edge in perceived detail and soundstage so it's overall a more technical package. It's up to you whether you prefer a smooth, rich experience (N8) or a textured, detail-focused experience (A12t).
Wow, you really know IEMs and CIEMs. I'm going to have to pick your brains about this. But not tonight. Any comments from you on the N8 based on what you see in this thread. Sorry but I need to go to sleep now. I'll read what you have written tomorrow when I get up. :wink:

Thanks in advance.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:31 AM Post #94 of 102
That's what all the word out from 64 says. They will not make a universal version of this.
Interesting, as I thought I heard it in universal. Now I wonder what I did listen to?

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #96 of 102
It was a busy first day back at work today and now my wife is telling me it's bed time. I have to wake up very early for work.

I am very tempted to get the R6 tomorrow but the lack of responses by any Hiby representative on here worries me a little. I was ready to pull the trigger on it as early as today after work but now I'm hesitating. The alternative is to go for a used DX200, Sony or even AK.

I might even go in to order the N8 tomorrow.

My friend...no need to rush all the purchases. Take it slow...enjoy the music first.

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Aug 16, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #97 of 102
Aug 18, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #98 of 102
Haven't posted here in a while and now that I am back at work, time is scarce. So I'll make a quick update.

DAP: Still considering the Hiby R6 new, or the iBasso DX200 and Sony WM1A second hand. Also, interested in hearing more about the new flagship that Shanling has announced since they are known for good value for the money.

CIEM: N8 as the front runner. I might as well try some of the other 64 Audio CIEMs too. If only the Empire Ears Legend X wasn't so out of my budget unless there will be an amazing Black Friday sale on it (I would even consider a universal one because it is so comfortable). Not sure if the Black Friday sales carry over to the pricing here in the local Hong Kong shops though.

Aug 19, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #100 of 102
Oct 13, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #101 of 102
But if you get a chance hear the 64Audio N8.......or any 64Audio for that matter.
Or try the Atlas........we are in the era of basshead IEMs, by golly.

Ok. It's been a long time since posting in this thread. I have what should be my portable-on-the-go rig for the next little while (I'm just not going to give a specific time period because I don't like to go back on my word, lol).

I've got some work to do but I'll get back and post some pictures in the coming days. Thanks to guys like Redcarmoose, Tention, toranku and some others that contributed to my search and for stretching my total spend to multiples of my original budget. LOL But at least I am very happy and I haven't been kicked out of the house yet. :)

Oct 21, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #102 of 102
Ok. It's been a long time since posting in this thread. I have what should be my portable-on-the-go rig for the next little while (I'm just not going to give a specific time period because I don't like to go back on my word, lol).

I've got some work to do but I'll get back and post some pictures in the coming days. Thanks to guys like Redcarmoose, Tention, toranku and some others that contributed to my search and for stretching my total spend to multiples of my original budget. LOL But at least I am very happy and I haven't been kicked out of the house yet. :)
Pictures? Haha what'd you get?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back