IEM built for a rugged lifestyle
Nov 1, 2009 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Phantom87

Head-Fier
My monster turbines have recently started having issues around the plug area as it seems the cable there is kinda loose and i have to be putting pressure for it to be balanced. Unofrtuanly it got worse.

Now i'm in the market looking for a new pair of smooth bassy earphones. Good isolation and abit more durable for a rugged lifestyle. Although its winter now, i will be more on my HFI-780s, i still wanna use the IIEMs in the gym with my Zune 80 gigs and anywhere else.

I might go for the monster turbines again but i'm looking at other options with my $200 budget.

Nov 1, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 10
i would have recommended the ie8 because of the extremly durable cable and it is replacable,but then they are above your budget by 40$ and they dont isolate that good.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 10
IE7 would be a good choice. The cable is strong as iron.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE7 would be a good choice. The cable is strong as iron.

yeaa those look interesting but i'm not sure if the isolation is good enuff or the bass either.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 10
Or just get the Turbine Pro when it's on sale in the future?

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 10
Nov 1, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 10
I think both of these would be durable (ie7/turbine pro). I am getting the pro's (supposedly Nov 2nd) and will look into how durable they seem, I stayed awy from the turbines because of the wire situation. I can't imagine a much more durable set than ie7 or hopefully the new turbine pro. (at least as far as wires go) As far as I know, the tubine pro won't come with a mic, unless you buy that model, haven't seen it actually available and don't really want a mic.

Nov 1, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My monster turbines have recently started having issues around the plug area as it seems the cable there is kinda loose and i have to be putting pressure for it to be balanced. Unofrtuanly it got worse.

Now i'm in the market looking for a new pair of smooth bassy earphones. Good isolation and abit more durable for a rugged lifestyle. Although its winter now, i will be more on my HFI-780s, i still wanna use the IIEMs in the gym with my Zune 80 gigs and anywhere else.

I might go for the monster turbines again but i'm looking at other options with my $200 budget.

As I understand it, the warranty has been extended to 3 years on all turbines, regardless of when you bought them, worth looking into, this applies to the tour set also, or so I'm told by monster rep.

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As I understand it, the warranty has been extended to 3 years on all turbines, regardless of when you bought them, worth looking into, this applies to the tour set also, or so I'm told by monster rep.

yeaa, i will call during the week and see what i can do about sending them but i dont have my receipt for it anymore.

Nov 1, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeaa, i will call during the week and see what i can do about sending them but i dont have my receipt for it anymore.

Lol, I have lost my fair share of receipts, if you know where you bought them and have an account, they will probably help you with this, if you know the email account you used, or have any history maybe even a phone#, they can help you (if they feel like it).........I have never had a problem getting a duplicate, Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back