1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IEM build quality concern

1. hmls
    It is quite obvious that In-ears are lacking in build quality.

I have used /or seen some one use IEM and their average life span is around 1.5 years.
    My current IEMs, Hifiman RE-400, claimed to be the 'Waterline', have also started to wear off in a short period of time.

IEMS that have failed: AT CK10, Hifiman RE-262, Hifiman RE400, Ety ER6i

I bet i am not the only one who had the cable connection to the housing break. Very bad design imo. Just plastic clued to a metal housing..
    Now i am counting days that i can still use them, because soon the cable snaps from the driver and then my RE400 is going to the garbage.

I am quite satisfied with the sound of my RE400, very good bass timbre for an IEM etc..
    My point is, now it is time to focus on build quality as well ! (like V-Moda.. )
    Some iems are actually quite expensive 400USD.

When it comes to $, phones and build quality. I have had AKG K701 for 6 years. They have got so much unneeded abuse(not like my IEMs) and they are hard as a rock. Very good build quality.
    When you hold Sennheiser HD800 in your hands, you actually believe that they last for at least a decade or two. 

2. dark energy
    Posted this topic from my old profile..[​IMG]