IEM Bass Portable Amp
Oct 15, 2013 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

kharken

New Head-Fier
Is there any besides the Digizoid ZO2? It's out of stock right now maybe because of the new release. 

Anyway, I just wanna ask if there are any alternatives (better) for bassheads like me. 

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #3 of 18
The ZO2 has been discontinued unfortunately. But there is talk of a new ZO3 coming out soon.

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 18
Uhh, actually I'm in the same boat as you. But at the moment I'm considering the Fiio E11, E12 Amps or E17 DAC.
But I might stay unamped so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 18
Jds labs have excellentbass boost implementation. I have experience in both c421 and c5 both are excellent.

The z02 is more of just a bass booster vs a real amplifier like the c5 or c421.

The alo audio mk2 also has excellent impact and slam when it comes down to bass but itd about 250.00 used ive seen the c421 around 100 and the c5 is about 190

Again I dont know ur budget

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #8 of 18
  about $100

yeah thats a slightly tight budget.  yuo can weigh in options between used and new amps that are around those prices....like i said i seen c421 for 100.00 used on here.

are you solely looking for JUST bass improvement or are you looking to upgrade to a amplifier?

its a shame you have a tight budget becuase i dont like to implement bass boosts in my iem's sound signature, but they have the best bass boost implementation ive ever heard, its spot on, it doesnt sound fake, it blends very well with the other frequencies both c5 and c421 are excellent.

other than the z02 i dont know of alot of other amps that are going to solely implement bass boost only.

Oct 16, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #12 of 18
  I am willing to extend my budget if performance may lack on that price range. I guess I'll consider getting the c5. is the c5's bass improvement excellent?

both the c5 and c421 have a bass boost implication (bass boost) i find with the bass boost on, its excellent, both amps bass boost sound realistic it doesnt sound like synthetic bass boost very natural. i would say the bass boost is on the heavier side of medium bass boost. taking into consideration that your also working with a amplifier and not just a bass boost. the amplifier is excellent. build quality is excellent. like i said heavier side of medium, but its not overpowering booming bass....its a excellent implication.

the next amp without a bass boost but still manage to have excellent bass and impactfull full bass is the alo audio mk2 but its even more its in the 250.00 range used.

im just throwing out ideas, dont spend more than what you want to spend. there are so many amps out there, i can only speak from expierences ive had on hand with amps...the c421 and c5 are very good though.

Oct 16, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #13 of 18
Fiio e17 hands down. Its a little more expensive at $139 but u can find them used for much less. Its got 10 different bass settings!! (Thanks to its digital interface). five boost levels and five bass reduction levels. It has treble boost too. I love it so much

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #15 of 18
I guess I'll get the C5. One question though, I'm planning to replace my PL11 with a better one. What IEM is best to pair with the C5? (great performer on the bass, budget >$100)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back