1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

IEM and AMP

Tags:
  1. Kapitein
    Hi, let me introduce myself. My name is Yannick and I'm fairly new to the audio world :p

I'm having a bit trouble finding the best IEM and AMP suited for me. I do know this question is a bit broad and I need to be much more specific, but to be honnest. I don't have any remarkeble knowledge or experience regarding IEM and AMP's. My previous IEM's where some trashy Apple one's I got with my 7D Gen iPod Classic. Anyhow, I guess you all now where this is going to .. I do must say that my budget is around 120 Euro's (IEM's only) although you wouldn't hear me complaining if the price went to 160ish Euro's.

I listten to all kinds off music on a daily base, varying from drum and bass to drumstep to jump up to trap, frenchcore, hardtek, crunckstep, rock, hard rock, psychedelic, and the list goes on.

So I guess a good bass wouldn't hurt, and having a bit off a robustic quality wouldn't hurt either ( knowing me )
    I'm also quite wondering if it would be worth investing in a portable amp.

TL:DR

I own a 7D Gen iPod Classic
    My IEM budget varries from 120 to 160 euro's
    Knowing me they would need to be able taking a beating.
    Quality/Price rating wise.
    Music I listen to: Drum and bass, drumstep, jump up, crunckstep, frenchcore, hardcore, grime, hardtek, trance, trap, soft/hard rock, psychedelic

Anyhow, I'm looking foward to any response and questions.

Yannick

2. Kapitein
    I was wondering, would the bass on the Shure SE215's be good enough for my needs ?

3. Tangster
    If you're upgrading from iBuds, the SHure SE215s will be more than bassy enough. They don't need an amp.