IEM after gr06
Nov 30, 2012 at 12:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Qazed

New Head-Fier
Hi all!
Some days ago i lost my vsonic gr06 and i'm here looking for some advices for my next purchase...
I'll start saying that I found gr06's mids too forward with some songs like they overwhelm other frequencies, in particular with hip hop or rap tracks and that I was hearing sibilance sometimes,something I'd like to avoid....
I listen mostly hip hop,rap,dubstep,electronic but also linkin park,Korn,Evanescence,radiohead 30 seconds to mars ,Lindsey Stirling among others
My budget is around 150 bucks and after some personal research I found these:
Vsonic gr07
Tdk ba200
Yamaha eph100
T peos h100
With the latter leaving me doubts about mids from reviews...
Hoping that there are enough details above to help me don't hesitate to ask something or make other suggestions!
Thanks

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 12
I'm all about the BA200 and it would be a great replacement for the GR06 as it is warm and smooth with very good detail and a nice spacious soundstage with great imaging.  The H-100 is quite bright with recessed mids that sound very strange so if you like a warmer signature stay away from thoughs.  The other 2 on your list are good but I don't think they're better than the BA200 so that's my recommendation.

Nov 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 12
do you think they have enough bass?i'm not a basshead but i like bass on my tracks 
and how is isolation?i'm wearing them in noisy enviroment so i need a good one!
i was reading about vsonic vc02 too...how are they?should i save 100 bucks and get them?how much difference between those and ba200?
thanks

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 12
I haven't heard the VC02 but I can garanty that the BA200 is a better IEM, the VC02 is just a nice mid-tier while the BA200 is a true top-tier IEM.

As for the bass I think the have a pretty good amount, along the lines of the e-Q5's bass.  They're quite punchy and have good depth but if you need a little more you can just EQ them up and they'll sound much stronger.  I use them mainly with edm so I also like some bass and they sound great.

They have the signature of the GR06 but they sound much better and $149 for a IEM that sounds like a $300 one that's a very good deal, when they came out they were $250 and I think they're worth it at that price.

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
X2 on the vsonic vc02 which by vsonic is supposed to replace all the low level earphones from them..they by my standard are epic
smily_headphones1.gif

what is your standard?
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
What about tdk ie800?
Bass-wise ba200 are similar to gr06?
Sorry for all these questions but 150$ are pretty much for me:xf_eek:

The IE800 is basically from what I've read a dynamic driver version of the BA200 though it seems like the bass is about the same as the BA200.  Both cost the same so either option would work great I'm just a BA kind of guy, I think they tend to have an over all cleaner and more resolving sound because of the speed of BA's but there's still plenty of good dynamic driver IEM's as well.

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #10 of 12
techno kid you conviced me!
biggrin.gif

you know a place in europe where buy it at a reasonable price?i can use ebay but shipping will take around 3 week!
Quote:
Musical sounding earphones....and plus the vc02 has the world smallest micro driver mesuring 3mm with detachable cable which is silver wired and only costing $35-$40.
smily_headphones1.gif

thank you too mochill! i think i'll do a bigger update and take ba200 but i'll gift vc02 to my sister for christmas so i'll have a chance to listen to them too!
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #11 of 12
I believe you can find them at a reasonable price here:

http://www.totalblankmedia.com/tdk-headphones-c-120_166.html?sort=3a&currency=EUR

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #12 of 12
The UE TF10Pro, Klipsch Image X10, Sony XBA3, X5 and GR07 are great buy under this budget with similar qualities you are looking for in IEMs with good bass response for bassheavy music genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back