IEM ~100 for my iPod
Apr 6, 2008 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

legolas52

Head-Fier
Hi! I'm looking to buy a sub $100 earphones. These are what I'm looking at:

Amazon.com: Denon AHC551K In-Ear Headphone: Electronics

Amazon.com: Creative Earphones EP-630 - Eng/fr: Electronics

Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears Super.fi 4 Mobile Earphones: Electronics

I don't like any of the Ety 6i's. I don't want anything going too far into my ear. I also prefer a straight angle plug. By the way, if you own any of these phones, can you confirm that there's no "hiss" when you plug it into the iPod(like when it's on but nothing's playing). If you've got any other suggestions or anything, please feel free to add some. Thanks!

Apr 6, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 9
hey why dont you purchase xtrememac fs1 from ebay @ 35 us dollars plus shipping. i also have them thaey are simply awesome in they r made by futuresonics for stage, monitoring,and broadcast. you simply have to hear it to believe and they come with foam tip is like memory foam you first squeeze it ant then insert in ear and let it expand then remove your hand and press play on the player and enjoy the best!!!! i mean it. their bass is awesome and natural and you dont even need equalizers on turn every sound enhancement to OFF and then let the earphones do the work for you. you can also go to their official website who created these earphones drivers...i hope this helps.......
BTW they were $149 when it came out. Now on ebay only i think one left, you should not waste time looking else where.
i think it is a steal and they r brand new with black color. i have the white one

Apr 6, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #4 of 9
I'm not considering any right angle plugs...it awkward with my iPod. Plus I really don't like the ER6i. Between those above, what's your advice. I'm mainly looking at the creative vs denon 551 vs ue super.fi 4's vs metro.fi's . Thanks.

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #5 of 9
Let me first say that I am not an audiophile whatsoever and can not distinguish sound quality as better as some of you.I myself have been trolling around and have read the sticky Headphone Buyer's Guide. I currently have the Razer protone m100 (the ones that look like the creative and sennheiser) that I got off a woot.com for $18. They do have pretty good bass but the cord is really short and that it has the stethoscope effect. I also bought the JVC marshmallow for $8 at circuit city and did the kramer mod of pulling out the paper filter. I use both of them when I go to school and ride the bus and it seems that the m100 blocks out more ambient noise although I am using the largest sized tip provided because I lost the middle-sized one. I can't really seem to get a good seal with the marshmallows.

Now onto my next question, should I hold on to these earphones or cough up the cash for new ones. I am particularly interested in the super.fi 3 and super.fi 4 (more for the looks as I heard the super.fi 3 can stick out quite a bit). I will be using these earphones for my ipod nano 3G and for my computer. I am also considering the v-moda vibes but as I said, I am nowhere near an audiophile but if the sound quality is indeed noticeably better, than I will notice. I usually listen to hip-hop, and pop, you know the billboard 100 type songs.

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:17 AM Post #6 of 9
even if you aren't an audiophile now, it's pretty easy to become one. Once you experience a nice pair of headphones, you'll hear the difference easily and you'll never want to go back to the Best Buy/Circuit City earbuds
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveed84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even if you aren't an audiophile now, it's pretty easy to become one. Once you experience a nice pair of headphones, you'll hear the difference easily and you'll never want to go back to the Best Buy/Circuit City earbuds
smily_headphones1.gif

yah!

Apr 7, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #8 of 9
One headphone I really like for iPod use is the Sennheiser CX500 (I just got one a few days ago).

While it does need Treble Booster equalization on my iPod nano to correct an issue of too rolled-off treble, the CX500 has really good efficiency (it doesn't need high volume settings for decene sound quality) and offers plentiful eartips with a really comfortable fit and noise isolation (I use the larger dual-flange eartips with no problems).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back