IE8s from Tesco Direct? Legit?
Mar 11, 2011 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Zedd56

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've been looking to buy a pair of IE8s but I'm seriously concerned about fakes.... they seem to be absolutely everywhere!

I've contacted a seller about his and where he got them, and he says he purchased them from a Tesco in Turkey.  I can't find them in Sennheiser's list of authorized online stores (http://direct.tesco.com/homepage/soundvision.aspx) but the store seems reputable..?  Living in Canada, I've never heard of Tesco.  Could anyone verify whether these would be legitimate or not?  Thanks!  :)

ps: they've got other senn products in stock but there's no page for the IE8s on their website.  As in, no page that even lists them as out of stock.

Mar 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 8
Tesco is a British based retailer, like Walmart or Zellers. They do operate in Turkey, too. I am not sure they have online sales in Turkey, that seller must have bought it from a Kipa (name of Tescos in Turkey) store.

Mar 13, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #5 of 8
Haha well, damn.. that sounded reassuring until your post tan ^^ thanks for the warning though.
They were on ebay with the auction starting at 50 pounds, I guess it was too good to be true haha.  Definitely don't wanna accidentally get my hands on a fake... thanks guys!

Mar 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #6 of 8
No problems...got burned myself with fake sennheisers.
I was so pissed. It wasn't even a great deal to begin with.

PS there are plenty of great deals if you keep reading these forums. Either new or used.

Mar 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #8 of 8
You will be fine with Tesco no matter what part if the world (in 13 different countries) 3rd biggest retailer in the world. I know the CEO in Turkey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back