IE8 Tips - The Holy Grail?
Feb 5, 2012 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

johnzz4

500+ Head-Fier
I've been exploring different IEMs and ended up with a handful.  In my testing the IE8 ended up the winner of the bunch, but having some other IEMs gave me the opportunity to try some of the other tips on the IE8s since none of the stock tips were ideal and the Complys took away much of the highs.

The tips I have found to work the best by far are the ones from the B&W c5.  Interestingly, if you put the tips on via the normal fit, they have a bit too much bass, but if you slide the tips on past the indent on the IE8 stalk all the way to the end (not easy, be careful!), the tip of the stalk ends up only slightly rececced.  The sound is the best I've hear with the second best so far being the Radio Shack AUVIO tips.

Hope this helps someone that is chronically going through tips on the IE8.  I was getting ready to schedule an audiologist appointment to get some impressions for the 1964 Ears custom sleeves, but I'm going to hold off for now...

Feb 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #3 of 3

johnzz4

500+ Head-Fier
They're actually on order.. I'll compare them when they get here. I'm amazed how sensitive they are to the smallest changes in depth, etc. It makes me nervous to get custom sleeves... what are the odds they get them just right from a depth, opening diameter, etc. I can't seem to fund any reviews on the 1964 Ears custom sleeves for the IE8s..

Users who are viewing this thread