IE 8I's
Nov 9, 2010 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wbpt12

New Head-Fier
Just got my IE 8I's in the mail today. they do bump, and sound OK out the box... They are burning in now while I am @ work, can't wait to hear em on the train ride home
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 9
Interesting how it says 'superb noise isolation' on the box, are they supposed to be better at nose isolation than the IE8s? I wonder if they'd sound different to the IE8s too. Hope you like them. 
etysmile.gif

Quote:
Just got my IE 8I's in the mail today. they do bump, and sound OK out the box... They are burning in now while I am @ work, can't wait to hear em on the train ride home
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 9
the tips look to be the same as people with ie8's have... so i don't BELIEVE its any change there.. The isolation is not as bad as people make it out to be however, but i will update that opinion changes when I take them out for lunch.

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 9
Just a quick question for ya; what exactly does the remote allow you to do? Obviously it lets you answer calls, and it looks like you can adjust volume with it. Does it have buttons to skip to next/previous song? Thanks.

Nov 9, 2010 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 9
Thanks, so I guess they are identical to the IE8s but with mic/remote and a different cable. I rarely use my IE8s outdoor because I personally find the sound isolation not nearly as good comparing to the Westone Um2/3s or the Shure SE530s (the buses and trains I commute by are super noisy!), but if they are good enough for you, that's great. 
etysmile.gif

Quote:
the tips look to be the same as people with ie8's have... so i don't BELIEVE its any change there.. The isolation is not as bad as people make it out to be however, but i will update that opinion changes when I take them out for lunch.

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #6 of 9
To update without doing a review... I took them out for lunch in the middle of downtown Chicago. Music still sounded great flowing through them, didn't hear a peep, i just thought i had the music up loud... I am standing on the corner i look down the street. A fire truck is coming... I think, he MUST have his sirens off (impossible on Michigan Ave). I pull out one side, and sirens are blaring.. I couldn't believe how quiet these are. To test i paused the music. and I could just very faintly try hard to hear the siren and tuck as it drove right in front of me. and I am using the standard silicon tip. I went thru both the foams, the large double flange, and the standards sounded the best to me.. with burn in @ about 5 hours.

You can adjust volume, pause, answer, end, ignore calls, all work excellent. you can also skip, go back, ff, which are a little harder to use. I haven't quite mastered getting those right everytime.  Calls sound great, a little clearer even, people on the other end tells me. Voices sound more lifelike.

Love the sound, I have tested them with Hip hop, Dubstep and Jazz so far. All sound very close to my 25-1's (sound of reference for all things for me)  just not as big of a sound stage, and a little "presence" missing.. Like its louder, but not as heavy, like people have said, like the speakers are a little closer to my ears than normal....  It was funny, i was listening to a lossless version of Amazing by Kanye, and the natural distortion in the song almost sounded too distored.. a good thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #7 of 9
Finally, I was getting tired of the hissing from the IE8 on my Ipod Touch xD

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #9 of 9
Can someone confirm the quality of their IE8i cable that's shipped in the IE8i box? Mine from Custom Cable is different from the OEM SENNHEISER one, not so soft and it's dark black not kinda rubbery gray. I suspect it won't last very long.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back