IE 80s, SE 425 or SE 215
Feb 22, 2018 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

shad0w35_

New Head-Fier
Recently my old apple earphones broke so I was trying to get a higher quality earphone with noise isolation. So I narrowed it down to these 3 and I can not decide which one to get. I would appreciate if someone could help me. Please suggest better ones in the same price range as these if possible.

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #2 of 9
Of those, I have a pair of SE425. They isolate very well, and sound lovely with the caveat that they lack bass in terms of both volume and extension. Also, the Shure stock cable is kind of clunky.

I haven't heard the IE80 or the SE215, but I think they have quite different sound signatures, so you may want to specify what kind of sound you're looking for.

I recently got a pair of iBasso IT01, and those are very nice and reasonably priced ($99). They have much better bass than the SE425, but the mids and highs are somewhat congested by comparison. The isolate well, but not quite as well as the SE425.

Other recently popular IEMs include the Fiio F9 Pro and FH1 (sub-$100), and at a more value-oriented price point the KZ ZSR and ZS6 (sub-$50). The FLC8s can be found for around the same price as the SE425, and people love that. It has tuning options so you can adjust the sound to your taste after you get it, which might be good if you don't know quite what sound you're looking for yet.

Feb 23, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 9
Does 1More Quad Driver have noise isolating ear tips? If so how good is it

You can get more or less isolating tips most IEMs. For example, try going to Comply's website and clicking "find tips for your earphone." That should work for common brands. Otherwise, you just need to know the bore size.

Foam tips will usually isolate better than silicone. To some extent, isolation will depend on the IEM itself, though. Depending on whether it has any vents and wear those vents are placed, what it's made of, and how deeply it fits.

If you're coming from Apple earbuds, I'm guessing most IEMs will be a significant step up in noise isolation. If max noise isolation is your #1 priority, though, you might also want to look at something from Etymotic or similar, where the IEM is inserted very deeply.

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #6 of 9
You can get more or less isolating tips most IEMs. For example, try going to Comply's website and clicking "find tips for your earphone." That should work for common brands. Otherwise, you just need to know the bore size.

Foam tips will usually isolate better than silicone. To some extent, isolation will depend on the IEM itself, though. Depending on whether it has any vents and wear those vents are placed, what it's made of, and how deeply it fits.

If you're coming from Apple earbuds, I'm guessing most IEMs will be a significant step up in noise isolation. If max noise isolation is your #1 priority, though, you might also want to look at something from Etymotic or similar, where the IEM is inserted very deeply.
My main thing I want is not noise isolation but i would just prefer if I had some

Feb 23, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 9

So do you think the 1More Quad Driver is better than the SE 215 and the 315?

Feb 23, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #8 of 9
Hi Shad0w35_,

I have the SE 215 way before the 1More Quad Driver came out & was my daily in ear before I 'retired' it.

It comes down to what your preference is as despite the difference in drivers, both 1More Quad & SE 215 are comprable so I would suggest demos on both if you can with quality sources you know well & trust your own judgement.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back