iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).
Jul 31, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #3,243 of 4,252
I dont know but my idsd just wont play music! it is running FW 4.02 and i can't even update the firmware. Have opened a ticket. Lets see.

Jul 31, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #3,244 of 4,252
I dont know but my idsd just wont play music! it is running FW 4.02 and i can't even update the firmware. Have opened a ticket. Lets see.
Phone on then ifi on then connect ifi to phone.

Jul 31, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #3,245 of 4,252
Got it working and trying to update the XMOS FW from 4.02 to 5.2B Limoncello.

Thanks

Jul 31, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #3,246 of 4,252
Jul 31, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #3,248 of 4,252
Jul 31, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #3,250 of 4,252
Thx I will try this once I'm home.

C:\Program Files\iFi\USB_HD_Audio_Driver\iFiHDUSBAudio_dfuapp.exe

Just connect the iDSD, turn it on and run the app.

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #3,252 of 4,252
How does it sound ?

Just getting it to work. Seems 2 ifi products cant be installed on one system. I am yet to listen to the music properly. However from what little i heard, the soundstage, instrument separation and clarity really impressed me. At the same time ifi can be iffy.

How do you know what firmware your BL is on?

Apologies for replying late, as someone just pointed out. C:\Program Files\iFi\USB_HD_Audio_Driver\iFiHDUSBAudio_dfuapp.exe
when you open that utility when your idsd is connected it will show you the current firmware installed.

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #3,253 of 4,252
Just getting it to work. Seems 2 ifi products cant be installed on one system. I am yet to listen to the music properly. However from what little i heard, the soundstage, instrument separation and clarity really impressed me. At the same time ifi can be iffy.

Apologies for replying late, as someone just pointed out. C:\Program Files\iFi\USB_HD_Audio_Driver\iFiHDUSBAudio_dfuapp.exe
when you open that utility when your idsd is connected it will show you the current firmware installed.
I believe you can. I ran both silver and black idsd before on a mac. On windows, i believe it just switching between it in sound output source

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #3,254 of 4,252
I believe you can. I ran both silver and black idsd before on a mac. On windows, i believe it just switching between it in sound output source
Well the thing is both devices show up as USB HD Audio and neither of them work. ASIO/ Wasapi.. nothing. I dont think there is a hardware identifier which would recognise ione from idsd bl. I want to be entirely wrong about this though.

Jul 31, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #3,255 of 4,252
Well the thing is both devices show up as USB HD Audio and neither of them work. ASIO/ Wasapi.. nothing. I dont think there is a hardware identifier which would recognise ione from idsd bl. I want to be entirely wrong about this though.

Have you tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling everything again? Just a thought, might work or not. Never tried it myself tho. Mine's connect once and it works just that there two exact source name

In any case, would adding a chromecast to iFi iDSD be equal to iOne? Or does the iOne have better DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back