1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).

First

Back
258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267
269 270 271 272 273 274 275
Next

Last
  1. davidmolliere
    Yeah well, it ticked all my boxes it should be charged now so tonight I am going to try my collection with it :)

2. jerick70
    It's a great little unit. Very transportable and has really good specs all around. Plus it sounds incredible with most gear.

davidmolliere likes this.
  3. bden59
    Make sure to use good usb cable.

4. jerick70
    One other thing that may interest you is you can connect your DX200 to the iDSD with an OTG cable or the SPDIF coax.

5. davidmolliere
    I don’t have the DX200 anymore but I have the 1Z and the DX120 should work as well, I have the coax handy but I ordered good USB cables to explore the iDSD DAC.

6. jerick70
    I'm not sure about the otg connection on either of these daps. The spdif should work though. You will probably like the iDSD by itself though.

7. bden59
    If you'll meet with popof94, ask him to try his sp1000 as a source with your BL.

8. davidmolliere
    Yeah @popof94 lives 3km from me so we cross path occasionally and we have a meet coming up, I’ll try that but call me crazy I am not moved by the SP1000. Maybe I didn’t spend enough time with it!

bden59 likes this.
  9. bden59
    If you'll compare sp1000+iFi micro BL vs sp1000+hugo2, that will be awesome:wink:

10. davidmolliere
    I already tried his SP1000 + Hugo 2 combo, it’s a bit too analytical for me for I’ll probably be biased... I’d probably need more time with it though, those are impressions from short auditions. The little I have heard of the micro BL lends me to believe it’s more my kind of sound :)

Just puzzled the coaxial from iBasso with the DX120 gives me sound only on the left channel... hope nothing is wrong with the DAC...
    The amp alone is great already from the 1Z lineout... until I get the OTG cables delivered (got the iFi audio one for USB C for the DX120 and the WMC-NH10 from Sony)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    bden59 likes this.
  11. jmills8
    Ifi Bl with a phone used as the source sounds a lot better than a AK SP1000.

Vartan and davidmolliere like this.
  12. davidmolliere
    So far I like what I am hearing a lot from the amp section of the Micro BL, it’s a very refined signature, smooth, rich, textured sound and macro dynamics is great. Can’t wait to get the OTG cable to fully enjoy the full DAC/AMP experience...

In terms of synergy it works better with the more neutral DX120 than the 1Z. I guess I’ll have to wait a bit to really enjoy the full SQ as the OS-CON capacitors probably need to burn in.

jerick70 likes this.
  13. jmills8
    Well I loved the Hugo 1 and Hugo 2 , also enjoyed the Mojo, but I sold all of them and kept the ifi bl.

14. davidmolliere
    Strong statement, can’t wait to test the DAC section... Hugo 2 is more in the price range of the Pro iDSD anyway :D

jmills8 likes this.
  15. ngoshawk
    The BL is part of my favorite desktop set up, which includes the iTubes2 and iDAC2. Might seem a bit redundant, but the trio is fabulous together. The BL is still my go-to "transportable" amp for driving harder-to-drive headphones as well. Really enjoy the sound signature.

jerick70, bden59 and davidmolliere like this.
First

Back
258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267
269 270 271 272 273 274 275
Next

Last