1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).

First

Back
235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
Next

Last
  1. qrtas

Great reviews. Thanks for sharing this, I was a former mojo user and I prefer the ifi bl.

Just a tiny comment. It is really a minor thing :) but it could be confusing for some people that don’t have any of this 2 devices. You refer to the mojo and ifi as DACs. They both have DACs and they can be used as just DACs. So some times I thought you were referring only to the DAC section of the units, which is just the section that does the digital to analog conversion.

As you know there are amps, DACs and amp/DACs. These 2 devices belong the the last category.

But I love your comparison and all the details you mentioned. Thanks:)

joshnor713 likes this.
  2. joshnor713
    Yeah, I totally hear ya. It's just one of those things, where the industry a lot of the times simplifies them as "DAC", where what you said is the reality. This is especially true in these portable devices, because you won't find one without an amp section, it just kind of becomes implied when you say "portable DAC".

Thanks for reading and the kind comment! :beerchug:

qrtas likes this.
  3. qrtas
    :beerchug:

4. iliketowrap19
    I bought a BL from a user here. I just got it today. I tried using it in USB mode but I keep getting an error that the USB device has malfunctioned. Does anyone have any experience with this?

5. superuser1
    Please tell us if you have installed the 3.20 usb driver and if in the affirmative please also tell us exact procedure adopted by you.

6. iliketowrap19
    I installed the drivers properly using the instructions given on the website.

7. iFi audio
    You can also tell us what's wrong here:

http://support.ifi-audio.com

We should be able to help you from there.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
    cardeli22 likes this.
  8. tcellguy
    Please forgive my novice questions here.

I’m trying to decide between the iCan Pro SE and using my Dragonfly Red as the DAC vs. getting the DSD micro Black Label. I’m looking to drive HDxx, Emu Teaks, and Aeon Flow Closed. Any opinions on either option?

Also I’m a bit nervous about buying a device with a consumable battery that may not easily or affordably be replaced. Can the DSD micro Black Label be operated with an external DC source if the battery fails?

Thanks.

9. Dobrescu George
    iDSD Black Label Micro can be operated from a USB source if you feed it enough current

The battery can be replaced, and I think @iFi audio will provide a lot of assistance if needed, I have a friend who asked for their help once (not related to me or anything, but he told me about it), and they have been really sweet and offered him all the help he needed, so I wouldn't worry about battery or service

About the first question, I never heard the combination of iFi iCan Pro SE and DF RED, but think about it this way, iDSD BL Micro is iFi's strongest portable DAC/AMP, you'd have their strongest portable DAC along with an amazing AMP, so I'd totally recommend going with it, and after all, it is just one cable connected to your phone, so much less chances it'll have issues.

I had the chance of using iDSD BL Micro with many smartphones and it is very universal, it works with a lot of smartphones so you can also enjoy it in a multitude of situations

tcellguy likes this.
  10. tcellguy
    Thanks for the reply. Can the Ifi micro charge and play music at the same time? From the manual I can’t tell if it is charged through the front facing USB in or the side facing Smart power USB port. I’m hoping for the option where it can play and charge at the same time or at least run off external power.

11. Dobrescu George
    I think you'd need to charge it from the same port you are feeding it data, but if you have a USB 3.0 that should be okay.

Maybe @iFi audio can clear that up for us

cardeli22 likes this.
  12. elNan
    I’m also trying to understand how to achieve play & charge. Do I forcibly need the micro iUSB 3.0? If so, will the nano iUSB3.0 work as well? What kind of cable should I use? Do I need the gemini cable also? This is so confusing. Please help @iFi audio

Can someone please post pictures that illustrate how these 2 (micro iDSD BL and micro/nano iUSB3.0) work together?

Thanks!

13. hemipowered007
    You can play it while it's charging from usb. The usb side port is to charge an external device. The rear port is usb dac+charging. I've use mine all the time while it's charging via usb in my truck and coax line in from my fiio x3i. I've also used it at home via usb into my pc and it charges while being used as a usb dac. I'm sure since it's powered on and in use it wouldn't be charging as quick, but it still charges. If you're asking if you could charge it via external usb ie a wall wart, while using it as a usb dac, then no you cant.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  14. tcellguy
    Thanks. The Apple camera connection kit has a lightning charging port, but it probably only sends power to the iPhone and not back up the chain to the USB in.

I wonder if using a powered hub and an external battery would work.

15. ExpatinJapan
    wrong thread

Deleted

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
First

Back
235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244
246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255
Next

Last