1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page 153).

First

Back
202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
Next

Last
  1. burningv
    I'd like to buy the iDSD Black Label so that I can use pair it up with Samsung Galaxy S5 to listen to my MrSpeakers Aeon Flow. Would I require a special adapter to fully take advantage of the Black Label's DAC or is the provided USB adapter to micro enough? I'm asking this because the S5 comes equipped with a USB 3.0 data port, and I just want to make sure that I won't miss out on anything the Black Label has to offer if I simply connected my S5 to the Black Label with the USB to micro cable adapter.

2. Dobrescu George
    iDSD BL doesn't come with an OTG adapter, you need one.

The cheapest OTG for your S5 should be enough though, you don't need to do more to take full advantage of iDSD BL! I'm using something that you can find under 10$, it sounds great. the USB cable included with iDSD BL is great and works wonders as well. iFi included quite a few technological wonders with iDSD BL, so it is well shielded and such.

The app used on your S6 and settings on it might be important though...

burningv and cardeli22 like this.
  3. burningv
    Good to know! I haven't used any music app on the S5 yet as I've been using the DX90 for the past 3 years. Once I get the iDSD I'll give it to my dad as a gift. I have to decide whether I should get PowerAmp or the Neutron Music Player. Also, I'll need to get myself a fanny pack to lug around the S5 which has a Zerolemon battery inside along the iDSD. Decisions, decisions!

cardeli22 likes this.
  4. superuser1
    I again repeat my question..
    1) Do people use it with Android phones? If in the affirmative what app do you use to play to the BL?
    2) Once plugged into the Android device, does the BL charge the android device or vice versa?
    3) I'm sure im forgetting something :)

5. cardeli22
    1: I do. With a crappy Blu Android phone. I use the Onkyo HF Player app.
    2. If you turn on the the BL and then plug the Android phone, it will not draw power from the phone but use the internal battery.

6. harpo1
    Yes I use USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP). As long as you turn the BL on first before connecting it won't try charging from your phone.

cardeli22 likes this.
  7. cardeli22
    Has anyone tried the BL with either the Mr Speakers Aeon or the Beyerdynamic 1990Pro? I am looking into possibly getting one of those two headphones to pair with my BL.

8. harpo1
    1990's are great paired with the BL.

George Taylor and cardeli22 like this.
  9. burningv
    I suggest looking up the Aeon thread. Many people there have commented that the Aeon paired up with the iDSD Black Label is a fatanstic sounding combo, which is why I'm getting this DAC.

cardeli22 likes this.
  10. cardeli22
    Awesome. Thanks!

11. cardeli22
    LOL thanks as well. Back to the eternal struggle of which one to buy. The Aeon or the 1990 pro.

burningv likes this.
  12. Dobrescu George
    sorry, I haven't seen your question before.

1. Yes, I am :darthsmile:, VLC, F2k and PowerAmp
    2. Depends heavily on the phone, some phones can actually charge it, some cannot. For BL to charge a phone, you must use the charging port on the side
    3. Please do ask if you have more questions!

burningv likes this.
  13. burningv
  14. Dobrescu George
    This one might place some stress on the device though.

I'm using a sidebag and it works flawlessly, at least it has worked flawlessly so far.

[​IMG]

15. superuser1
    Those typical eastern european side bags i saw in Serbia and Czech Rep.

First

Back
202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211
213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222
Next

Last