Ideas for Powering AV123 X-LS
Aug 2, 2007 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Amurai

New Head-Fier
So I'm looking to buy these speakers (AV123 X-LS) in the near future and I need something to power them. My friend has a Sharp CD-C401 unit lying around that I could use however I'm not sure if this will be compatible or remotely worthwhile, hence me asking you guys here.

I was also looking at the Trends Audio 10.1 T-Amp as another option. Will this be able to scale if I decide to upgrade to a more expensive pair later? Or will I need to buy an entirely new recevier? Also if I want to add a sub later will this be the best route to go?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 2, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 13
Panasonic SA-XR55 or 57.

the X-LS are a touch on the warm side, so they should be great together.

Aug 2, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 13
Thanks for the suggestion!

$200 is a bit steep for breaking into this Speaker ordeal, considering that it equals the price of the speakers themselves. But I'm assuming that I will be able to upgrade speakers quite a bit and keep this receiver (I hope at least).

Any other suggestions?

Aug 3, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 13
Have you tried searching the av123 forums?

Aug 3, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #5 of 13
I've done a little bit of browsing but haven't gotten around to posting yet.

I see on the site that the X-LS aren't available for ordering again until end of August. Hopefully that date doesn't get pushed back further.

Right now I think I'm going to go with the Panny 55 (unless there is huge value in going to the 57) and the X-LS.

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #6 of 13
I will be using a vintage kenwood ka-7100 integrated amp. Mine are shipping tommorow but it will be 2 weeks before i get to listen to them as they are going to my school home

Aug 3, 2007 at 5:32 PM Post #7 of 13
Thanks for the input.

I looked into the Ka-7100 for a while but I read that it was a bit bright to moderately bright, something that doesn't appeal to me. Also I'm not sure it will scale properly for my future desires.

Aug 3, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #9 of 13
Could someone please tell me the difference between the Panasonic XR55 and the XR57?

Edit: And I guess while I'm at it asking all these questions. I will need an ipod to rca cable to connect to the panny correct? And what is a good option for this?

Aug 4, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amurai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've done a little bit of browsing but haven't gotten around to posting yet.

I see on the site that the X-LS aren't available for ordering again until end of August. Hopefully that date doesn't get pushed back further.

Right now I think I'm going to go with the Panny 55 (unless there is huge value in going to the 57) and the X-LS.

Hi!
We are been more cautious about our ETA so I will be very surprised if we couldnt meet the date at least for the most recent orders.

Regards

Aug 7, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amurai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could someone please tell me the difference between the Panasonic XR55 and the XR57?

the only differences are that the 57 has an HDMI input and can dual amp the front speakers while running in 5.1 config.

the 55 has no HDMI and can only dual amp in stereo playback.

Quote:

Edit: And I guess while I'm at it asking all these questions. I will need an ipod to rca cable to connect to the panny correct? And what is a good option for this?

ideally, you should run a digital signal to the Panny... because it's a digital switching amp, it takes the PCM signal and converts it to PWM.

it sounds MUCH better with a digital input rather than analog, which it must convert to PCM in order to amplify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back