ideas for PortaPro mod??
Sep 17, 2002 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Robster1958

100+ Head-Fier
has anyone modified the cord on the Koss PortaPro? I was tinkering with a set to try to get the speaker wires hooked around and over the band.....then down one side. Because of the slack needed for the folding earcups, and the metal band sliders, this was quickly an exercise in frustration for me.

i thought i recall reading a post <MacDef??> that covered this topic, but i can't find it.

has anyone done something like this?.....or even resoldered new leads, maybe upgrading the wiring, but keeping same resistance...??

also, since i'm hacking away, i would love to shorten the cord to plug into remote.

thanks,
Rob "why can't i leave well enough alone?"

---------------------
iPod (10gig), koss 35's, 50's, and PortaPros; senn545 and mx500's; aiwa vx100 (incoming).

Sep 17, 2002 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 2
HI:
Man you are very brave to mess with something that works so very well like the wire. The only mode that I did to the portapro that really helped a lot was to cut a round hole in the pads about the size of a quarter to tame the bass and let the mids and the highs out. These headphones are close to perfect just the way they are after the cut mode on the pads.
ps
If you really want a great mode other than the cut pads add a cmoy 2-9 volt amp and be amazed at what the portapros can really sound like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back