Ideas for a CD give-away? I've got some to give away, but I want to make something out of it..
Nov 21, 2008 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Luminette

1000+ Head-Fier
Anyone have some ideas? I've been tossing around just asserting some requirements to make sure they go to a home they will be enjoyed at (ie the tastes should be on par with the recipient, and they actually care about having CDs)

Or mailing a bundle around and necessitating reviews? But the pricing of 2-4 CDs is still so low to have people paying to mail them around - and that'd be especially dangerous for all of it spending that much time moving around in bubblemailers

I'm thinking about just having people that already own ____ CD of my choosing to review that album and then I'll either pick or raffle it off to anyone that participates? (While having some kind of requirement to make sure they aren't just two-sentence opinion summaries)

I may start doing this with quite a few albums / album packs.

Ideas, guys?

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #3 of 5

AlexinExile

100+ Head-Fier
I would be interested this. I am always open to new tunes and I think so many types of music never see the light of day because of the damned radio. I might probably have the strangest musical tastes on this forum, but I think it good for people to hear new things. I think everyone should donate one of their favorite albums and then everyone would takes turns reviewing/listening to the Head-Fi album pack..

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #4 of 5

peanutbutterjam

Head-Fier
Cool idea, though how to actually excute it would be an issue.

Definitely a good way to get to know more music out. I'm quite guilty of always staying in the "comfort zone" for this
ph34r.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #5 of 5

MoodySteve

500+ Head-Fier
I think this is a cool idea. I would say send them to an appreciative home so that you know they'll be well-loved; it's too easy to 'sample' things before buying these days to justify sending a CD to someone who might not like it, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread