Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please
Apr 7, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #393 of 443
and please do contribute
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #394 of 443
Alexander Desplat's OST for Godzilla. I have grown fond of it over the months. It gels with me. I like it much more on my monitors though. You'll feel this one.

Apr 7, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #395 of 443
  Alexander Desplat's OST for Godzilla. I have grown fond of it over the months. It gels with me. I like it much more on my monitors though. You'll feel this one.

Unfortunately, Could not locate it on Tidal. He's got a wide range of work for original sound tracks!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one that I find interesting, especially regarding the  left to right placement on certain tracks. Track 2 "Bells" if you want to get a feel for it.

The Pentangle (Bonus Track Edition) by Pentangle.

-----Trying to embed from Tidal...may not have worked.-----

https://tidal.com/album/64013821

<div class="tidal-embed" data-type="a" data-id="64013821"></div>
<script src="https://embed.tidal.com/tidal-embed.js"></script>

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #396 of 443
I checked it out on Spotify, as I don't have Tidal. I only use Spotify for occasional streaming. Majority of my listening is local playback as it sounds better. I usually link to Youtube streams for preview, but for this one in particular, I'd try listening to this Godzilla soundtrack in lossless from the first time. The dynamics and rawness is incredible. I listen to a lot of soundtrack music and was instantly pleased with this. With HD 800 and Sonarworks, its still quite good, but with speakers you'll be blown away on certain parts. If you want to experience bass, look no further.

Qobuz link: http://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/godzilla-original-motion-picture-soundtrack-alexandre-desplat/0886444573818#item

May 1, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #400 of 443
Pythagorras - After The Silence

afterthesilence.jpg

May 1, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #401 of 443
Nier Gestalt & Replicant OST (Full) - Complete Soundtrack

hqdefault.jpg

Full volume to this album please.......

Favorite songs:

The whole album !!!!

But if you have to ask:

1. Hills of Radiant Wind
2. The Incomplete Stone
3. Cold Steel Coffin
4. Temple of Drifting Sands (This song should tell you if you have a great headphone!)
5. The Ultimate Weapon

And the whole album

May 6, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #403 of 443
Brand new DXD recording from Carmen Gomes on the Sound Liaison label.
It is an incredible download. Sound Quality is simply superb. Carmen Gomes has never been better and what a fantastic repertoire.
CSTB300shadowv2.png
http://www.soundliaison.com/
This a very good sounding live album and in the liner notes there is good explanation of what happens when musicians play live:
When an audience is present, a synergy occurs.The audience becomes part of the music making and help spur the musicians on to greater heights. And it was a great audience that afternoon, all ears and smiles, the whole band truly enjoyed playing for them. The musicians were placed in front of a stereo pair of microphones with additional spot microphones on each instrument. The musicians were playing without headphones, the reason being that we believe that when we get the musicians to play together in the same room, without headphones, it creates a number of musical and technical benefits: As they are not ''separated'' by the headphones, the musicians, in order to hear each other are forced to create a natural and musical balance, a balance which is then easily captured by the main stereo pair of microphones. Because of this natural and musical balance the need for compression to control levels is no longer necessary, and since everybody is in the same room, the boxed sound which is so common in many modern recordings is absent.

May 9, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #404 of 443
This a very good sounding live album and in the liner notes there is good explanation of what happens when musicians play live:
One of her previous albums for the Sound Liaison label, Thousand Shades of Blue, is also recorded live in the studio, with an audience present. She and her band seems to thrive under double pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back