Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please
Oct 9, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #362 of 443
This brand new Sound Liaison release really takes the prize.
8 musicians, yet every instrument so clearly defined and present. Dynamic range in abundance, music that attracts and surprise, a perfect balance of mystery and melodic substance.
This is a very ambitious and very impressive production. I think this is my new go to album to convince my skeptic friends what hi-end headphones are all about.
Highly recommended;

introduction offer $/€ 10  at http://www.soundliaison.com/

Oct 11, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #363 of 443
8 musicians, yet every instrument so clearly defined and present. Dynamic range in abundance, music that attracts and surprise, a perfect balance of mystery and melodic substance.
This is a very ambitious and very impressive production. I think this is my new go to album to convince my skeptic friends what hi-end headphones are all about.
Highly recommended;

Very promising debut indeed.
I love the SQ and the 3 dimensional sound stage.
It's a perfect album for testing a headphones sound stage. It's maybe better suited for the HD800's  wideness although the deep acoustic bass sound should fit more bass friendly cans as well.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #364 of 443
Spent last night back on headphones. The HD 800's soundstage and resolution worked really well with Musica Nada.

I have most of their albums. Good stuff. High resolution recordings.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musica_Nuda

Oct 15, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #366 of 443
Highly recommended;

It's a perfect album for testing a headphones sound stage. It's maybe better suited for the HD800's  wideness although the deep acoustic bass sound should fit more bass friendly cans as well.

Do you know what the DR value of the Startas album is? I was asked if I know in a personal message. I do not know how to measure that but my impression is that it is way above average.

Oct 16, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #367 of 443
Seems it is certainly above average (DR13), but not outstanding, I thought it might be higher actually:

foobar2000 1.3.10 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2016-10-16 11:14:03
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: ? / ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
DR15      -0.30 dB   -20.05 dB      8:31 ?-01 It gets Worse_Better - Startas Orkester
DR12      -0.30 dB   -16.02 dB      4:45 ?-02 Loop, West Virginia - Startas Orkester
DR15      -0.63 dB   -22.53 dB     10:59 ?-03 Noordhoren - Startas Orkester
DR12      -0.30 dB   -15.66 dB      7:53 ?-04 Picea Abies - Startas Orkester
DR12      -0.30 dB   -15.87 dB      3:37 ?-05 De Zeehond - Startas Orkester
DR15      -0.30 dB   -17.29 dB      4:17 ?-06 Ira, Song for Bill - Startas Orkester
DR11      -9.34 dB   -24.35 dB      2:54 ?-07 Debt-free - Startas Orkester
Number of tracks:  7
Official DR value: DR13
Samplerate:        96000 Hz
Channels:          2
Bits per sample:   24

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #368 of 443
''Only'' 13? It sounds very dynamic too me as well. But there you go, dynamic range does not tell the whole story. I find the sound quality incredible.

Quote:
Highly recommended;

Oct 21, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #369 of 443
Highly recommended;

Do you know what the DR value of the Startas album is? I was asked if I know in a personal message. I do not know how to measure that but my impression is that it is way above average.

But the main tracks scores 15, which is pretty good or least good enough in showing that very little compression has been used. I really feel that the engineer lets the music breathe.

Oct 22, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #371 of 443
I remember someone asking me awhile back about soundtracks. Pretty much get anything by John Williams. I was organizing my soundtrack and classical hybrids and just thought of mentioning it here in case someone was looking to get soundtracks by a specific composer and somehow had managed to dodge John Williams.

Nov 5, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #373 of 443
@christian u

Thanks for your music recommendations. They have allowed me to be exposed to some new stuff, like Startas Orkester and go back to some classics, like Mingus Ah Um.

Nov 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #374 of 443
  @christian u

Thanks for your music recommendations. They have allowed me to be exposed to some new stuff, like Startas Orkester and go back to some classics, like Mingus Ah Um.

You are welcome, glad to be of service
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back