Ideal Headphone (HD800/Audeze) music, suggestions,please
Jul 31, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #31 of 443
Fleetwood Mac sounds impeccably astounding with the HD800s IMO. This album is a great compilation if you would like to get an all-in-one album of Fleetwood Mac, and for $22 it's a great bargain!

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #32 of 443
For some more mainstream stuff (and for those who claim the HD800's can't do rock/pop):

Concrete Blonde Recollection
Dire Straits Private Investigations
John Mellencamp Best that I Can Do
Radiohead Best of...
Pearl Jam Rearview Mirror
Tom Petty Greatest Hits

-Daniel

Jul 31, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #33 of 443
I don't have the first three albums you mentioned, but I have the last three and I like it very much with the HD800.

Jul 31, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #34 of 443
An album that has great bass  with HD800 is Daft Punks Random Access memory album. Sounds great.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #35 of 443
I got these in the mail today and they sound great thru my Wa2 :)

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #36 of 443
  An album that has great bass  with HD800 is Daft Punks Random Access memory album. Sounds great.

It's a fantastic piece of work.  I checked the waveforms on Audacity, and RAM has heavy compressions with some tracks, and it proves that compression doesn't always equate to low SQ, there's more to it than what the waveforms show.  I think of this album as model of how electronica should sound.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #38 of 443
Time for some electronica -

Fast forward to 53:42. Not sure why YouTube is being dumb.

Aug 2, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #40 of 443
Oh my, this is so rediculous!!!!  Never heard anything like this.  Just blown away!!  One of the best remasters ever.  
dt880smile.png
  So musical!

Paul & Linda McCartney - RAM (1971) [Remaster 2012] {UNLIMITED Edition}

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #43 of 443
Hank Mobley; "Roll Call"

Check the drum solo, dynamics! And mine is just a regular 16/44 CD.

From the first moment when Art Blakey comes crashing in to establish a kinetic Latin groove on the eponymous opening song, Hank Mobley's Roll Call explodes with energy. The first horn heard here is actually Freddie Hubbard's trumpet, foreshadowing the prominent role that he would have in the sound of this album. The quintet all work together flawlessly here, but Hubbard particularly shines as he plays off of Mobley's fluid riffs and carries more than a few lines himself, sounding particularly athletic and effortless on the closing track, "The Breakdown." Mobley's performance throughout the recording is stylish without being restrained, and the strength of his songwriting shines on five of the album's six songs. A warm, laid-back, sweet version of "The More I See You" is also included, with a mutedHubbard sounding very much like Miles Davis. It is a nice complement to this collection of originals, which has often been overshadowed by Mobley's other late-'50s and early-'60s work but is definitely deserving of some attention of its own.
Review by Stacia Proefrock

Aug 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #44 of 443
Absolutely anything Pink Floyd......You pick which album....coz I have been thru them all and each and everyone are a joy to listen too thru the HD800......great stuff.

Aug 7, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #45 of 443

Absolutely anything Pink Floyd......You pick which album....coz I have been thru them all and each and everyone are a joy to listen too thru the HD800......great stuff.

Quote: Christian u page 1
 The Batik download ''The Old Man and the Sea'' is also mixed with the HD800 http://www.soundliaison.com/

Yes, somehow music with a lot of space and calm lends itself well to the HD800'.

The Batik album that christian u mentioned, I saw somewhere that people called it a jazzy "Floyd" album, to me at first it seemed a bit far fetched but I start seeing the connection.
If the band has been aware of it when making the music or it is accidental is another question, but beautiful and great sounding music it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back