IC's Head to Head:Kimber KS-1111 vs. Kimber Hero
Jul 9, 2008 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Know Talent

100+ Head-Fier
both 1m XLR terminated...
both same hours usage...

again, no discernable sonic footprint...

sorry folks, no test data to back this up, just a subjective opinion!
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 18
You've really got a burr under your saddle about cables lately, don't you? Lol...

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've really got a burr under your saddle about cables lately, don't you? Lol...

"A flute without holes, is not a flute"
"A donut without a hole, is a Danish"

"You must test blind before you can see the light..."

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #4 of 18
Are you clapping with one hand again?
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:39 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Are you clapping with one hand again?
wink.gif

yes, to drive away the impure spirits that cloud my direction
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #6 of 18
...and cause you to see UFO's. Stick to Patron, and avoid the Cuervo...

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is a diagram (showing subjective performance difference within Kimber's family) from Russ Andrews, UK Kimber agent. It does match up with what was said - reason is probably headphone has limited 3D effect.

Here is the link:

http://www.russandrews.com/popindex....YZHTHYRYRZFBBM

I like the way you posted that with a straight face!

a sweetness vs. spaciousness chart...priceless!!!

From my experience, the only increase in spaciousness is the void in the wallet.

Kimber is better than most in that at least they list resistance, capacitance and inductance...

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #9 of 18
I think this is Russ Andrews's subjective opinion. I have owned KCAG and PBJ in speaker system and I think what it said seem fair. I don't think it is adventage for him to say that the more expensive 'Select' series is actually similar to cheaper KCAG series. For headphone use this subjective diagram suggests it is unnecessary to get the more expensive 'Select' series.

Of course all this is about kimber and nothing about how it compare to other companies cables, hence my switch to another brand.

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #11 of 18
nick_charles - I totally agree with what you said, it is very good to always remember about the sale aspect, thanks!

What I found interesting is that the very old KCAG (and much cheaper) is actually very close to Select 1021! Which rings bells on me especially when I have seen 2 reviews in this forum suggesting the differenc is actually very small. Is there really a big difference between 1021 vs KCAG in speaker system, especially considering the cost?

Although this is a sale graph but does match with what Known Talent said.

As said before this graph is just about kimber, it doesn't mean they compare well with other companies cable.

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #12 of 18
You agree with "...."? Lol...

Jul 9, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

You agree with "...."? Lol...

I am renowned for my almost supernatural debating powers
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyOne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nick_charles - I totally agree with what you said, it is very good to always remember about the sale aspect, thanks!

What I found interesting is that the very old KCAG (and much cheaper) is actually very close to Select 1021! Which rings bells on me especially when I have seen 2 reviews in this forum suggesting the differenc is actually very small. Is there really a big difference between 1021 vs KCAG in speaker system, especially considering the cost?

Although this is a sale graph but does match with what Known Talent said.

As said before this graph is just about kimber, it doesn't mean they compare well with other companies cable.

While I am naturally somewhat skeptical about HiFi (and especially accessory) vendors waxing lyrical about their products that is okay since nobody really takes it too seriously (at least I hope not). What gets my Capra aegagrus hircus is sales personnel trying to put on the veneer of authenticity with spurious graphs and charts and misapplied variables.

Jul 9, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #15 of 18
Although I cannot comment re: Select series, but I can say KCAG vs PBJ relationship seems ok albeit argueable re: size of jump (still a big jump IMHO).

Because it seems to match what Known Talent said hence the reason I put this link.

(I have zero connection with either kimber or russ andrew)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back