Ice Cream
Oct 3, 2007 at 5:35 AM Post #32 of 72
speaking of delicious icecream, on my roadtrip last summer I happened across this sweets shop. Couldn't believe how good the icecream looked/tasted.

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

Oct 3, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #34 of 72
Maeda Brand, Asian Plum is my all-time flavorite, and I have tasted thousands - one of my first jobs was as a "Soda Jerk"...now I'm just a Jerk.

I like Lappert's, too.

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #35 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_2249.jpg

OMG - i am salivating, one of them looks like a lemon fizz, a flavour i have searched for since those halcyon days of my childhood with relatives at the seaside.....can it be?
blink.gif

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:20 PM Post #36 of 72
Quote:

speaking of delicious icecream, on my roadtrip last summer I happened across this sweets shop. Couldn't believe how good the icecream looked/tasted.
[/IMG]

Having to view those photos while I'm stuck at work should constitute cruel and unusual punishment!
frown.gif

What is the name and location of this place?

Oct 3, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #38 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Starbucks-Java Chip

I tried this a while ago because love the Java chip Frappuchinos; was pretty dissapointed.

My personal favorite is Ben & Jerry's Half Baked. yumm.

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #39 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhwilkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having to view those photos while I'm stuck at work should constitute cruel and unusual punishment!
frown.gif

What is the name and location of this place?

i believe the name is the same as the one depicted in the sign, I honestly don't remember. It was in San Fran, at the fisherman's wharf.

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #41 of 72
Quote:

IMG_2249.jpg

thats gelato. if you have never had gelato, i highly HIGHLY suggest you do a quick search for a place in your town. you have to get it fresh, as it hardens after a full freez. usually, gelato is made daily or almost daily (thats why at some gelato parlors [wording?] there are half conainers of less popular flavors, like pistachio).

my personal favorite flavor is hazelnut. its a pretty traditional flavor, and almost any gelato parlor will have it. its very different from what you find in typical american ice cream. its much creamier and softer. its almost like soft serve from heaven - very silky and possibly sweeter.
biggrin.gif

it also usually doesnt have eggs in it, which gives it a completely different flavor than american icecream. its milkier tasting. almost lighter.... really good!

one flavor of ice cream that literally knocked me off my feet was ben and jerry's creme brulee. this is seriously something special. it is possibly one of the best things that has ever entered my mouth. its a little hard to find, but if you look on b + J's sight they have a list of stores that stock it. seriously this is one of the very best deserts in the world. better than real creme brulee even!

when i went to iceland this summer i tried an ice cream bar that had licorice in the center. it was gooey soft black licorice and i found it quite good. it mixed very well with the milk chocolate on the outside and the creamy vanilla icecream on the inside. its a pretty unique treat, and if you like licorice you might want to search for it.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #43 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i love vanilla. yes, that may seem boring. but really good vanilla is very hard to do...

Same. I had a good vannila once, it was so good there were little black bits in it that I think were the bits of real Vanilla.

Oct 4, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #44 of 72
The last time I was at my local Ben and Jerry's about two months ago, I had tried their Creme Brulee flavor and have to say that it was quite heavenly. Vanilla ice cream is the flavor often used in judging good ice cream from bad ice cream because it's plain and has no other flavors or additions to mask anything from taste testers. Taste testers not only look for taste in the ice cream, but also it's texture. Those little black specs found in Vanilla ice cream are the seeds from the insides of the Vanilla bean.

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #45 of 72
Haagen Daaz's Raspberry Pannacotta. Bennett’s Ice Cream Chocolate.

I also really like soft ice cream, and the last time I was in Tokyo, I found the soft ice cream there less "thick" than anywhere else, which suited me to a T!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back