IC: Yamamoto HA-02 and many WE 408A tubes
Jul 25, 2008 at 11:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Superpredator

Headphoneus Supremus
I've had a number of offers but they've all seemed low *to me* for an amp of the HA-02's caliber and long waiting period. I've done a lot of buying and selling on Head-Fi, and I've always listed or let equipment go at market prices. The last Yamamoto HA-02 on HF sold for $600, far, far below what this amp is worth in my opinion. If the HA-02 was selling for $600 new I'd buy three right now just to be sure I could pass one on to my great grandchildren. I'm going to keep my HA-02 for now. Thanks for your interest.

A like-new Yamamoto HA-02 without the wait...

I love this amp to death, and don't really want to sell it at all. Unfortunately for my audio gear I'm rediscovering old hobbies and need to shift some funds around (just got a Pentax K200D...).

This is the US (110v) version, received new from Venus Hi-Fi in September 2007. 100% flawless condition, sonically and cosmetically. Includes original box, manual and Audio-Technica RCA/mini cable, all in fab condition. I will be uploading pictures tomorrow.

This includes #17 NOS Western Electric 408A tubes + the two that came from Yamamoto = #19 tubes all together. I think that's literally a lifetime supply (at least).

I thought one of the original tubes had some buzz/noise to it but after I started testing tubes from the lot I realized they just needed their contacts cleaned (I used alcohol). I was able to turn any noisy tube completely silent; however, I have yet to exhaust a single tube, so I haven't tested/cleaned them all. This amp is extremely quiet.

US/Canada only. PayPal (plus 4%) or MO accepted. Contact me by PM if interested. I'm not aching to sell the Yammy, so for the time being I'm just going to take offers.

Pictures, finally (sorry for the wait):

IMGP0245.jpg

IMGP0247.jpg

IMGP0251.jpg

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 3

Loftprojection

500+ Head-Fier
Think about it seriously because I would not be surprised that you will regret selling it. Since I got a Yamamoto, for the first time in several years of headphone audio, I don't feel like I want to change my amp anymore.

Jul 29, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 3

Superpredator

Headphoneus Supremus
Bump. Pictures uploaded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loftprojection /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since I got a Yamamoto, for the first time in several years of headphone audio, I don't feel like I want to change my amp anymore.

I feel the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread