IC: Vancouver mini-meet - Jul/Aug 2014
Jun 2, 2014 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

twizzleraddict

100+ Head-Fier
This is an interest check to see who would want to attend a mini-meet in Vancouver. Someone proposed to have one following our recent Vancouver meet and I've offered to host in my office for about 10 people max. 

WHERE: @the corner of West Pender and West Georgia in Coal Harbour area (exact address to be provided to confirmed attendees)

WHEN: Cancelled

WHO:

chocolatewol
Weee
mikeg88
Girls Generation
GarySaville

(If you're still undecided and on this list, let me know.)

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #2 of 31
I am definitely interested but need to know the date in advance to ask for it off from work.

Don

Jun 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #3 of 31
Parkie, put a poll up for you and everyone else to vote on the specific days. We'll get one day that hopefully works out for most folks.

Jun 10, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 31
Hi 
Sorry for the slow response.  I have been knocked out by the flu (Noro Virus).  I am getting back to normal again, but my head is still a bit woozy.  I will have a look at it tomorrow or the next day, when I am thinking straight and update then.

Thanks very much for being proactive : )

Don

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #6 of 31
Hi all, I will be in the Vancouver area from the 12th Aug for my friends wedding and an extended visit. If you have this and have space for a drop in I would do my best to get there.

As well, I want to do some shopping and testing while in the are so any tips would be great.

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #7 of 31
Looks like demand is thin so this is looking less likely. I'm still interested in doing this as our first floor office space is very open. But I will need at least a couple of weeks notice to ensure the space and scheduling conflicts on my office space and personal time aren't going to get in the way. Will have free snacks/drinks for you guys as well.

Again, 10 people max.

Jul 20, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #9 of 31
I'm interested.  I have a few DIY pieces I built from AMB Labs, and a DIY DAC that I did myself which I can bring, for those interested.  I also have some great 24/192 demo material.

Jul 20, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #10 of 31
Pls vote on a date so we can coordinate. August is coming shortly. I can't edit the poll options without clearing the answers. :/

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #12 of 31

I would be able to drop in on the 17th, I believe. I won't have much with me, unless I purchase anything over there (anyone know where to get some stuff? :D) or bring a pair or two with me.
So while I'd love to count for the headcount, it's not like I will have a lot to offer (other than my ears!!)

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #13 of 31
Greetings guys. Just wanted to say hi :)
I'm moving over to Vancouver from Melbourne soon (Arrive Aug 22).
So I'll miss this one but I'd be up for a meetup in future.
I've recently sold my TH-600s :frowning2: But I'm taking my Signature DJs, M100s & DT1350s over (all nice and portable), and I may look into buying some TH900s or something else when I get over there. Hope to do some listening/testing first..also very interested in Alpha Dogs, Sig Pros, Ed8s (I'm really loving the SigDJs, they've reignited my Ultrasone love after the love-hate with Pro900s years ago)

Jul 21, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #14 of 31
So the meet isn't necessarily just for those of us with gear but ANYONE who is interested in head-fi stuff. So bring your ears too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back