IC: Sony MDR-F1 and Beyer DT 770-80
post-1465043
Post #1 of 2

Soundbuff

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I have two headphones I am considering selling:

1. Sony MDR-F1

Unquestionably the lightest, coolest and most comfortable headphone I have ever worn. I find it much more comfortable (due to the completely open ears) than the very comfortable Sennheiser HD 590 which is also very light but can get warm. The sound of the MDR-F1 grows on you as you wear it. I always found it to be very musical and pleasing. Like many Sony cans, they have a good soundstage and very good detail.

This headphone is a good choice to use at a computer or otherwise sitting up due to the unusually light weight, especially during the summer months when other headphones get too warm. I am only considering selling them because I am more of a Sennheiser guy at heart and recently purchased a pair of 580's to use with my computer. Sony headphones have a little too much treble energy for me but many people like that.

Here's a pic from Amazon where I purchased them:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...#more-pictures

Bought new for $200, may consider selling for $170 (shipped).

2. Beyerdynamic DT 770-80's

Absolutely the nicest set of closed cans I have ever owned. Very comfortable and very good sounding. These also work well with portables but will sound best with an amp. Reason for selling: I simply do not seem to have a need for a pair of closed cans ever since I got a pair of Shure E5's.

Both were purchased about five-six months ago. Condition of both phones is absolutely mint with very little use. I am kind of a nut about avoiding cosmetic damage on my belongings, so you can bet they have been well cared for and stored carefully 99% of the time.

Here is a pic from Todd, where I purchased them:

http://www.toddthevinyljunkie.com/pr...uct.php?id=230

Bought for approximately $200, would consider selling for $170 shipped.

PM me if you may be interested in one or the other and I will make a final decision about selling them. I am more inclined to sell the Sonys at the moment but you never know what I may decide to do.

post-1468934
Post #2 of 2

Soundbuff

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Sony MDR-F1 is now available for sale. I will consider reasonable offers close to my asking price. I'm still debating whether to keep the DT 770-80's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)