IC: Philips SHP895
Apr 25, 2006 at 6:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

j3tang

100+ Head-Fier
I've got a set of Philips SHP895 that I'm contemplating selling .. but haven't really decided yet .. depending on interest.

There isn't much info about these .. but i recall reading about comparisons between these and the senn 595. I used to own the 595 and found them to be great, and at a fraction of the cost, these Philips (comparison by memory to the 595) are a great bang for the buck. the SQ as far as i can remember sound very similar to the 595. Sorry, i'm not able to describe the sound in audiophile vocab
frown.gif

I also recall people saying that these are superb cans for >$100, let alone for something slightly <$100.
Send any offers through PM, remember this is brand spankin' new!!

oh yeah, the cable is detachable .. so ..... this calls for easy cable upgrades
smily_headphones1.gif

Velour pads make wearing these very very comfortable too!

These come with everything in the original box/packaging (if i decide to sell them) -- the really cool stand, cans, cable and gold 1/8 to 1/4 adapter.

They are located in Toronto (Canada) so fellow Canadians would get first dibs
smily_headphones1.gif
but not limited to Canadians.

I don't really want to part with these, but need the extra cash as there have been recent car troubles
frown.gif
so if there is interest, i would part with them if there are some good offers. I might consider trades, but not priority as it wouldn't be helping with the funds, although it helps with keeping future purchases to a minimum
rolleyes.gif

shp895.jpg

Pics of the actual cans to follow, if requested, when i can get my hands on a digital camera (this weekend).

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 3

j3tang

100+ Head-Fier
A lot of interest in these .. And these are officially up for sale

just a little more info about them:

They are in absolutely mint condition. I've had them in my possession for less than a week. There is less than 30hrs of burn-in on them, and less than 1hr of use on my head. They've never been used outdoors, just inside the house.

EDIT :: Deal is in the process, but feel free to keep them offers coming.
EDIT2 :: These are as good as sold! Thank you everyone for the offers!

Users who are viewing this thread