IC: Next Meet in the Middle, Seattle- Portland meet, fall 2014
Sep 24, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #31 of 85
You know what I'd love to try in a meet? A vinyl player hooked to a nice headphone and amp. Always wondered about vinyl outside of DJ equipment, never really heard them but a few times at parties where a turntable was plugged to the stereo and the host had great albums.

Yup, a nice closed back and a vinyl player. If someone can make that happen at one of the meets, it'd satisfy the curiosity of vinyl in an audiophile setup.

Sep 24, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #32 of 85
You know what I'd love to try in a meet? A vinyl player hooked to a nice headphone and amp. Always wondered about vinyl outside of DJ equipment, never really heard them but a few times at parties where a turntable was plugged to the stereo and the host had great albums.

Yup, a nice closed back and a vinyl player. If someone can make that happen at one of the meets, it'd satisfy the curiosity of vinyl in an audiophile setup.

This sounds great! I don't have one yet, but have interest in a USB A to D turntable to convert and upload albums to my computer. Perhaps someone will bring a USB turntable to the meet, to enable us to check out audio quality?

Sep 24, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #34 of 85
I think the Portland meets aren't as frequent as the Seattle area ones, this is a way to make the meets bigger and get more MOTs while possibly giving the OR/southern WA guys another meet to go to.
  Is there a count of how many people from Seattle vs. Portland? Is it that expensive to have two separate meets? 

Sep 24, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #35 of 85
Add one to the Portland count. I agree with Soundsgoodtome, that this is primary draw for Oregon. If location is convenient to Portland, it may expand interest and participation in this area.

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #36 of 85
I'll be there for a meet in the middle style meet.  It's easier than driving all the way to Seattle.  The Portland area has been lacking in meets.  Plus I have new toys to bring.

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #37 of 85
Did I miss any discussion about date, or location? While I hope for participation of Seattle head-fiers, there appears to be sufficient interest for a meet within easy distance of Portland?

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #43 of 85
I know...:: ha ha. Will be posting in a few days the next meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back