IC: My entire home rig - Sony MDR-SA5000, NAD C542 and HeadAmp Gilmore Lite [UK]
Oct 22, 2008 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DJShadow

1000+ Head-Fier
Long time no see fellow Head-Fiers, I don't tend to visit any more as I've been pretty happy with my gear and don't feel the urge (!) to upgrade any more. Unfortunately, I foresee that I may need to free up some capital and I never thought that I would be contemplating selling my audio gear but alas, here I am
triportsad.gif
I'm not too sure that I want to sell my gear just yet, but if a suitable offer comes my way then I may well be tempted. Sensible offers please.

The headphones I've had for about 18 months and have been used a lot (I couldn't tell you how many hours) which shows slightly. I bought them used and they are in the same condition as when I got them - a bit of tarnishing (if that's the correct term) on the metal on the left hand side and the pads have lost their springiness. These are the only problems cosmetically speaking. I had the original cable replaced with a stock HD 650 cable eliminating the intermittent channel problems that affects most SA5000. I think that covers all the pertinent points. They work perfectly, no rips in the headband and the clarity is amazing (very important that you get the fit right though!). Comes with the stand and the original box.

Next up is the NAD. This was also bought second hand but it was barely used by the seller and so was - and still is - in great condition. Works perfectly, hasn't skipped once in the 20 or so months I've had it. Not a great deal to say about its history. Comes with the original remote but no box. Pains me to even consider selling this because this was the biggest step-up in sound quality and was to be the basis of a speaker rig.

Finally, the Gilmore Lite was acquired soon after I got the NAD. Bought from Sebastian598, this is made to work on American voltages so you'll need a transformer if you want it to work on UK voltages. I'm using a £10 transformer I found in Maplin which does the job fine. In superb condition and comes with the Eplac power pack. No original box however.

Pictures to come later tonight. If you feel I missed anything out or want to know something then please PM me.

Thanks for looking.

Oct 22, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 2

DJShadow

1000+ Head-Fier

Not the greatest pictures but much better than the rubbish cameraphone I was using before
smily_headphones1.gif

Its worth pointing out that shipping to the USA and maybe even non-UK EU countries, might be quite costly so please bear that in mind.

Listening to this gear right now is making my decision very difficult...

Users who are viewing this thread