IC: los angeles mini-meet near UCLA
Oct 14, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #196 of 225
Oooo those TPs are really shiny!  Can't wait to try them out since i somehow missed out on them this past Canjam.  And yes, seems nobody has T1s over here...I used to but got rid of them...not my cup of tea.

On a side note I just received the Bridge unit for my Perfectwave Dac and am trying to figure out if it's worth trying to set it up at the meet if people are interested in trying it out with their music....but it might be pain
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #197 of 225
moonboy/melomaniac/anaxilus are all pretty active local members, wonder if they're still checking this thread.

I just went over all the posts/posters in this thread and nobody has the Beyer T1 
eek.gif

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #199 of 225

Quote:
Oooo those TPs are really shiny!  Can't wait to try them out since i somehow missed out on them this past Canjam.  And yes, seems nobody has T1s over here...I used to but got rid of them...not my cup of tea.

On a side note I just received the Bridge unit for my Perfectwave Dac and am trying to figure out if it's worth trying to set it up at the meet if people are interested in trying it out with their music....but it might be pain
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd love to hear the PWD.

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #200 of 225

Quote:
moonboy/melomaniac/anaxilus are all pretty active local members, wonder if they're still checking this thread.

I just went over all the posts/posters in this thread and nobody has the Beyer T1 
eek.gif

I let Gaurav ("shaizada", and one of the former hosts we've had) know on Facebook that we are having a meet.  I'll post here if he will be showing, if he does not post here himself.  I really hope he comes.

And it's a damn shame Donald won't be able to make it.  He's another regular that will be missed.

How about his buddy Mike1127?  I'm sure he'd like to come.  I just sent him a PM.

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:50 AM Post #201 of 225

Quote:
Desert Ironwood.  Supposedly really rare stuff, at least in pieces this big.  

I can't think of anybody local that owns the T1 off the top of my head...

Desert Ironwood is very rare indeed. It's also one of the hardest woods available. I'm sure smeggy went through hell turning them.

Well I sure do hope you decide to bring them along with one of your R10's as well.

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #204 of 225

Quote:

eek.gif

I PMed Anaxilus, hopefully he'll be able to come. 

Oct 14, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #205 of 225
Setting up the display  tables today!!!

Looking good!

Should we have a separate portable audio section?? In Denver it was all lumped together by owner.

Oct 14, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #207 of 225
I'll be bringing my pair over that has been recabled with the ALO chainmail cable
smily_headphones1.gif
  I actually used to own a pair of HD800 + double helix cable but the LCD-2 switched me over to the other side
biggrin.gif

On a side note I'm a little bummed about the timing of the meet since I am suposed to be receiving a loaner of the Apex Peak and Volcano from TTVJ in a week or two....it would have been nice to bring it over to the meet for everyone to try out.

Quote:
You better be bringing those LCD-2. 
biggrin.gif
   I have to hear what all the fuss is about.

Oct 14, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #210 of 225
Yes I am bringing the 800s and they have the DHC Complement SE.   Yes Abbots is good stuff but i have eaten it too much over the last decade.  Guess i can fit one more piece in though.
wink.gif
  Hope i get a chance to try that Peak at one point, at least it will be close.....in Santa Monica.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back