Type
For Sale
Currency
GBP
Price
May 2, 2013 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

zenpunk

Headphoneus Supremus
I am forced to depart with my LD due to a new live-in position that won't allow me to keep it. I purchased it especially for my HE-6 and I haven't been disappointed. I have tried various speaker amps including vintage monster, Shiite Moljnir and Hifiman EF-6 and to those ears the LD remains my favourite amp for it. The amp is around a year old and has a couple of blemishes ( pictured)
More importantly I noticed a few month into owning it that one resistor appeared to have heated up (also pictured). I haven't noticed a change in SQ and it still sound superb up to this day so I believe it still measures good but it is something you might want to look into in the future. It looks like a very common resistor that should be easy to replace.
I will also include a quad of vintage Sovtek 6AS7G tubes and Sylvania VT-229, and short balanced interconnects. Stock tubes are also provided.
I would greatly  prefer for somebody to collect it in person (south London) otherwise posting it safely is likely to be around £30-40.

PS: Forgot to add a pic of the dodgy  resistor: 

Jun 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #5 of 12

oldson

1000+ Head-Fier
Quote:
I am forced to depart with my LD due to a new live-in position that won't allow me to keep it. I purchased it especially for my HE-6 and I haven't been disappointed. I have tried various speaker amps including vintage monster, Shiite Moljnir and Hifiman EF-6 and to those ears the LD remains my favourite amp for it. The amp is around a year old and has a couple of blemishes ( pictured)
More importantly I noticed a few month into owning it that one resistor appeared to have heated up (also pictured). I haven't noticed a change in SQ and it still sound superb up to this day so I believe it still measures good but it is something you might want to look into in the future. It looks like a very common resistor that should be easy to replace.
I will also include a quad of vintage Sovtek 6AS7G tubes and Sylvania VT-229, and short balanced interconnects. Stock tubes are also provided.
I would greatly  prefer for somebody to collect it in person (south London) otherwise posting it safely is likely to be around £30-40.

PS: Forgot to add a pic of the dodgy  resistor: 

hi
did you buy direct from little dot? if so did you not ask David about the resistor issue? thanks

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #6 of 12

zenpunk

Headphoneus Supremus
I did buy it straight from LD but sending it back to China to swap a 50p resistor that obviously still works didn't really make sense to me.
I was also planning to upgrade some capacitors and thought I would  change it at the same time.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread