IC - Desktop PIMETA (DIY)
Mar 14, 2006 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

n_maher

Resistorous Conflagorous
SOLD
Well, after trying my HR Millett at work this weekend I'm hooked on using it in my office rig. That means that I'm thinking about parting with my "Cigar Box PIMETA". This amp has served me very well for the last year as a desktop rig and has amazed me with just how good a low-priced DIY amp can sound.

Specs are as follows but it is basically a maxed out version:

TREAD regulated powersupply running off of a 24V wallwart (included) set to 22V (will double check this) so that rolling of whatever opamp you might desire is worry free. This is a significant upgrade over power supplies like the Elpac wallwart normally used with the PIMETA.

Panasonic FM PS Caps
All hand matched resistors (Vishay RN55Ds)
Class A Bias
OPA627s on L/R/G channels (socketed)
Stacked BUF634 on L/R, single BUF634 on G all running in wide bandwidth (socketed)
Gain of 4 (IIRC, will double check)
Alps 50K "Blue Velvet" pot
1/8" input (great for use with computer as a source)
1/4" output
Blue front mounted LED

Custom
wink.gif
cigar-box case for stealthy desktop use.

Image #1:
large.jpg

(pot shaft will be trimmed prior to delivery)

Image #2:
large.jpg

(note: image taken w/ AD8620/10 opamps which have been replaced as noted above)

Parts cost for this amp runs up near $200 but in the interest of passing along a good deal to a fellow head-fier I'm going to offer it at $150 including insured shipping in the CONUS. This amp will run with just about any commercial offering in the $400 price bracket and probably well above that so you're getting a screaming deal. This amp is capable of driving just about any headphone and given its configuration is (in my opinion) a wonderful sounding piece of gear regardless of headphone. I've used it with anything from KSC75s to HD600s to HF-1s and it has met or exceeded my expectations with each.

Paypal is the preferred method of payment and PM is the preferred method of contact.

Thanks for looking,

Nate

P.s. Please feel free to check out my feedback if you have any questions/concerns about me
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 8

Filburt

Headphoneus Supremus
That really looks fantastically wonderful! Too bad I can't afford it
frown.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 8

Mr.Shadow

500+ Head-Fier
PM sent, Thanks
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread