IC - Dared MP-5, $300 + Shipping
Apr 26, 2006 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jjcha

Headphoneus Supremus
Bill, an audiogon'er who helped me and a few other head-fi'ers get our Dared MP-5 is thinking about buying another batch of 10 and selling them off.

What's happening is that the distributor posts brand new Dared MP-5's for auction on audiogon. These are new in box, but the distributor won't sell them in anything less than batches of 10.

So Bill will bid and buy all 10, then ship them individually to you. Bill's a great guy and his handling of the last purchase and delivery to us was flawless.

Here's a closeup of mine...

dared3.jpg

Anyway, my thoughts have been totally down and up on this little unit. I found it "unlistenable" at the beginning, but right now am really enjoying it with a different source and the K 1000. I think it was a pretty good buy for $300.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=154365

Anyway, if you're interested PM me and I'll forward you Bill's email address. The sale probably won't go down for another 2 or 3 weeks. But this is a great chance to grab one.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 27, 2006 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 6

jjcha

Headphoneus Supremus
Oh, since people are asking, shipping in the US will be about $15 ~ 27. These will be shipped via priority mail or other 2 ~ 3 business day shipping method.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 28, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #3 of 6

devwild

1000+ Head-Fier
Since I dealt with Bill directly on my purchase from the last batch, and due to the fact that he's not a head-fier, I just wanted to throw in my backing that he was a very honorable and friendly guy, and easy to work with. He's concerned in making sure you get what you pay for.

May 3, 2006 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 6

Bob Jones

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Bill, an audiogon'er who helped me and a few other head-fi'ers get our Dared MP-5 is thinking about buying another batch of 10 and selling them off.

What's happening is that the distributor posts brand new Dared MP-5's for auction on audiogon. These are new in box, but the distributor won't sell them in anything less than batches of 10.

So Bill will bid and buy all 10, then ship them individually to you. Bill's a great guy and his handling of the last purchase and delivery to us was flawless.

dared3.jpg

Anyway, my thoughts have been totally down and up on this little unit. I found it "unlistenable" at the beginning, but right now am really enjoying it with a different source and the K 1000. I think it was a pretty good buy for $300.

Anyway, if you're interested PM me and I'll forward you Bill's email address. The sale probably won't go down for another 2 or 3 weeks. But this is a great chance to grab one.

Best,

-Jason

First timer Jason I hope I get it right.I'm a long time hi-fi type on the high end side but living on a boat I would love to tap into the dared mp-5.I already have senn 595's and mostly listen on the computer,I need a dac as well.Please e-mail @ bobdarstell@yahoo.com for the contact to group purchase.If this gets through thank you so much.Bob

May 4, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 6

Bob Jones

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha

dared3.jpg

Best,

-Jason

Jason thank you again for Bill's e-mail address.Ordered the MP-5 and he has them in stock.Like you said he seems very nice and easy to deal with.Now on to the hookups.
Thanks again Bob

May 6, 2006 at 3:15 AM Post #6 of 6

immtbiker

The first to organize an (Inter)National Head-Fi Meet (2006)
Jason, I'll take one please. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread