IC: 7DJ8 Amperex Tubes - 2 A-Frame, 1 Disk Getter!
Mar 24, 2006 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
SOLD!

Hello all, if you've been following my Curse You thread you know that I have two tubes that I've been loving in my Melos a ton, but recently one has had a very low level intermittent hiss that you can hear when the music isn't playing - heck, that could be the fault of the Melos, not the Tube, but I have no tube tester so I wouldn't know. It's definitely one of the tubes and not both, because I swapped sockets and the hiss started coming out the other channel instead. So you will get one perfectly working legendary tube that fits in any 6922/6DJ8/ECC88/7DJ8/PCC88 socket, and the other you can consider a gift jobby. Plus, I have an eBay replacement coming, one Disk-Getter USA Amperex 7DJ8, and if it doesn't match well with the working A-Frame, then I'll toss that in the mix. Of course if it works well, I might retract this whole deal, which is why this is a IC and not a FS.

THE DEAL AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW - Since I scored both for $120, I'm interested in letting both go again for SOLD FOR $60 Shipped. That's USA only, Paypal fees included, and delivered via USPS Priority Mail. That's like getting the second A-Frame for free, and yes it still works and sounds great when music plays - it's just that little hiss bothers me. Again, this is an IC, I'm waiting for the replacement tube to come in, but if you convince me before that tube arrives I'll move on the deal.

Description and pics of my actual tubes when I bought them last Fall ...

..." ONE OF THE BEST PCC88 TUBES FROM HOLLAND."... (My note- these are rebadged Holland Amperex tubes)

ATTENTION: VERY RARE TUBE AHEAD!

PCC88_my_new_tubes.jpg

PHILIPS HOLLAND

PCC88_my_new_tubes_a_frame.jpg

Audiophile Best Quality Δ CODES with SOLID-GETTERS

PCC88_my_new_tubes_a_frame_cross.jpg

RARE DIMPLE OR RIVIT SOLID GETTER made in HEERLEN, HOLLAND in 1960's - 45 year old RARE Audio Tubes - THE OLDEST & THE RAREST!

PCC88 / 7DJ8

PCC88_my_new_tubes_a_frame_diag.jpg

1960's Vintage NOS WITH RARE Dimple-GETTERS

Twin A-FRAME Support Rods between the Micas

Balanced & Matched Triodes

THESE ARE FIRST SERIES HEERLEN HOLLAND - THE OLDEST AND MOST DESIRABLE!

PCC88_my_new_tubes_a_frame_side.jpg

pictures with dual support rods

Identified by the A-FRAME CONSTRUCTION which has LOWER MICROPHONICS, and SOLID DIMPLE GETTERS, lively and realistic sounding and balanced musical sound

Best Quality Vintage rarely-seen select audio tubes ! PHILIPS mfg. at Heerlen Holland. They don't make tubes as good as these anymore! These tubes were made in Heerlen, Holland identified by the delta

Δ

tube identification symbol of

Heerlen, Holland

vintage date coded

Tests Better than 100% NOS @ perfect

Balanced & Matched between the Triodes

tube 1: 12,500 / 12,500

tube 2: 12,500 / 12,500

New Hickok standard = 8,760 for NOS & Minimum = 6.500

These are STRONG Tubes!
Tests approx. 140% STRONG !"

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 3

Jahn

That didn't take long - possible sale pending that I'm thinking about, thanks!

Mar 24, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 3

Jahn

SOLD!

Users who are viewing this thread