iBuds magically become IEMS..(read on)
Oct 18, 2009 at 12:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ucrags84

100+ Head-Fier
If you've ever had the "pleasure" of listening to iBuds, then here's something to make it even better. While it won't make it a true IEM, can't fault some clever people for trying to make make em look like it!

iBud Earbud Covers

Sorry if this is a repost, many of you may have already seen these but I just thought it was hilarious.

Oct 18, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #3 of 7
Comply makes them as well and I'm sure those might work half decently.

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 7
There are also these. ACOUSTIBUDSâ„¢ Earphone Adapters | HOME | Fits Apple iPod and Bluetooth, Microsoft Zune, Sansa, Jawbone, and many more! The best part is they're bluetooth compatible.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #6 of 7
I should try these on my PK3s.

Oct 18, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #7 of 7
I had bought the ibud IEM adapters, hoping to get a better sound out of my sennheiser twist to fits for running. Using the Sennheiser twist to fit system, the earbud was always clocked a little off kilter so I couldn't get great sound out of them.

The problem with these - is that unlike real IEMS, the stem isn't rigid. You can't force it into your ear canal. With the Twist to Fits, it was extremely uncomfortable as it pushed just out of my ear canal - and created pressure against the "twist to fit" tab. Finally, they may not stay on the earbud depending on the size - I was constantly losing them when pulling earbuds on and off.

That said, I found they worked great with my Jabra BT8010 bluetooth earpiece with earhook. If I keep the earbud at a set volume, with the ibud adapter - the music sounds MUCH louder and clearer than otherwise. So fit largely depends on the earphones, and it wasn't a total loss of $3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back