iBuds Dead?
Sep 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

John In Cali

500+ Head-Fier
New rumors stating that Apple will be upgrading(?) their stock earbuds with a new alien looking type.

Huge chance of them being fake, but i'm hopeful.  Wonder if they are using the same drivers but the interesting looking enclosure to increase bass response or some such.  Also I don't think a cheap counterfeit company would go that far out of their way to design something so different from all current designs.
Thoughts?
 [Tinhte.tv via MacRumors via Gizmodo]

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 6

I kid, I kid....it would be nice if they included something better than the traditional iBuds.

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
New rumors stating that Apple will be upgrading(?) their stock earbuds with a new alien looking type.

Huge chance of them being fake, but i'm hopeful.  Wonder if they are using the same drivers but the interesting looking enclosure to increase bass response or some such.  Also I don't think a cheap counterfeit company would go that far out of their way to design something so different from all current designs.
Thoughts?
 [Tinhte.tv via MacRumors via Gizmodo]

Actually, these came from the same factory that showed off the iPhone 4 before it was released.  There is actually a lot of speculation, like always, but they were right last time concerning the new iPhone.  I wouldn't doubt that they have their hands on some Apple 'buds now.  I really wouldn't XD 

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

I kid, I kid....it would be nice if they included something better than the traditional iBuds.

We won't know if these are better or not.  The design looks interesting though.  A little better than buds as these actually will fit into the opening of your ear canal and go in that way.  There are two ports on them (I'm assuming for bass).  One is a large one that faces your ear with a grill on it.  The other is on the back.  Based on the design and shape, I'm thinking they have an angled driver that faces your ear (not the canal) like the RealVoice by SpiderCable.  That's all I can tell by looking at it though.

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #6 of 6
The new ibuds looks kinda strange and I think would feel uncomfortable to wear.

But who knows? This may be the new groundbreaking design for earbuds. LOL. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back